This Christmas

6 replies to this topic

iggy

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 56 posts
So far it's been sucky. This is how it went: my partner of 24 years who has ms decided that she was going back home for a week to visit her childhood friends. Sounds harmless right? But then you have to factor in that:
- in 24 years we have never traveled apart unless it was business related.
- Christmas is our FAVORITE time of year.
- I wait till the end of the year to take my vacation in the event that my partner has any unexpected medical problems. She left me on my first day of vacation.

I could continue but I don't want to bring you down any further than I already am.

iggy

Buttercup

• Members
  • 22 posts
I am so sorry to hear the holidays unraveling for you like this. Also hope you were not offended by my previous post - so not my intention.

iggy

• 56 posts
Just wanted to let u know not to worry - I was not offended so there's no need for an apology. Thank you however for caring enough to worry about my feelings.

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
Perhaps this is intended to add a new dynamic to your relationship. You surely miss each other in a way that you haven't in forever and maybe it will bring you even closer than you ever could have imagined. Sorry, I am a hopeless romantic and look for the silver lining in situations. Please forgive me if I have overstepped here.

I know about holiday woes myself. I am working through both Christmas and New Years, and my girlfriend is a little over 6,000 miles away from me. She's working and studying so our contact is limited and I miss her terribly. I am making myself feel better by thinking about how this time apart will pay off in the long run though, you know?

Buttercup

• Members
  • 22 posts
77lagata - sorry that you are so far away from your beloved - that's hard at the holidays. Your cheerful outlook is uplifting! :)

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I am glad to be able to bring any sort of light to others, you know? Negative emotions are so heavy, and as it is with all heavy loads there is a proper way to carry them. I don't like to feel that weight in excess so I try my best to find a more convenient way to bear the burden.

I hope you all are able to enjoy the holidays though - and iggy, my heart goes out to you. I hope that you have been able to find things to distract you so that it all is more bearable. :)

Mele Kalikimaka, me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! (That's Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Hawaiian in case you didn't know)

kladdaugh

• 25 posts
Deck the halls with banners to come out, falalalala lalalala
`Tis the season to feel stressed out, falalalala lalalala
Don we now our gay apparel, falala lalala lalala
Told that we're just like aunt Carol, falalalala lalalala

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users