Valentine's Day: Or, Your Current Thoughts on Romance?

18 replies to this topic

Poll: Valentine's Day: Or, Your Current Thoughts on Romance? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Valentine's Day: Or, Your Current Thoughts on Romance?

1. I'd like flowers. (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

2. I'd like a nice bottle of wine. (1 votes [2.78%])

3. I'd like candy. (1 votes [2.78%])

4. I'd like to watch a romantic movie, maybe with candles. (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. I'd like all 4 of the above, simultaneously! (12 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

6. I'd like a long walk on a beach or in a park (of course, Feb may not feature the best weather for that for Westerners, but whatever, maybe you like to bundle up!). (7 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

7. I'd like something more imaginative or unconventional. (please elaborate below) (8 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

8. I'm not into "romance" per se, but I'd be into something else. (please elaborate below) (2 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
(The idea for this poll came from a post from iggy in the Older & Wiser forum, when she said she was "on the prowl for the perfect Valentine's Day present." That wasn't all that post was about, but I thought, HEY, there's a good discussion topic all by itself there! So I pulled it out and put it here.)

If you don't dig this particular holiday for whatever reason, just generalize it out to what you'd particularly like for any especially romantic and/or sexy evening. Or a seriously fun evening. Or daytime, if you're not a night person.

Also, please feel free to include experiences someone could create as well as things that could be purchased in a store.

illuminosity

• Members
  • 33 posts
I have never celebrated Valentine's day in my LIFE.

I was too cool for that.

But I'm no longer as cool as I was formerly, and though it is an intrinsically stupid capitalist marketing scheme disguised as a holiday, it would be fun and different to do something for Valentine's.

Wine and candy and walks on the beach and stuff are all fine, as long as there's some hot sex in there somewhere.

iggy

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 56 posts
I'm a romantic at heart. I love to search for the "perfect" gift. I usually (99%) give CJ two cards because I can't settle on just one that captures what I'm feeling in my heart.

The best part of Valentine's Day however is when I see her face light up. That's priceless to me.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
I think I'd go flowers and a nice romantic dinner out, followed by a nice bottle of wine at home with candles lighting up the room. You figure out what happens next....

iggy

• 56 posts
That works for me.

Toffee

• Members
  • 16 posts
I love romance! Therefore it comes as no surprise that I love Valentine's Day. A walk on the beach with that special lady, then a light picnic and a walk back in the sunset...perfection! I don't need expensive gifts and such. Spending time with my lady is the best Valentine's gift I could have.

iggy

• 56 posts
Absolutely.

Mntlshiver

• Members
  • 2 posts
Unfortunately I've always been disgustingly hopelessly romantic. Logic tells me to snap out of it, but haha, that's never worked. On such romantic occasions I want the whole 9 yards, I absolutely love it. Ive spent time with a few people that begrudgingly oblige my romantic whims, usually while muttering under their breath. But noone who appreciates how happy it really makes me, to be surprised and wooed, and I love getting to do the same in return. /dramatic sigh , well maybe one day :)

iggy

• 56 posts
I know what u mean when u say they don't even make an effort. Today I took a shower got dressed n ready to go out for lunch. She wore a pair of old jeans and much older sweatshirt. Really? I don't think so! What's up with that? She dresses for everyone else but me. Why?

I wish u well. Happy Valentine Day from New Jersey.

Elisheba

• 34 posts
Iggy, there might be many reasons:
Maybe she feels comfortable with you.
Maybe she was too tired to dress in fancy clothes ( it happens to everyone once in a while)
Maybe you should talk to her about that.... you know, instead of wondering "Why" and talking about her on a forum..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users