Eating Right: What Does it Mean FOR YOU?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Eating Right: What Does it Mean FOR YOU? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Eating Right: What Does it Mean FOR YOU?

1. raw foods diet (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

2. strict veganism (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. vegetarianism (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. low-fat diet (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. low-carb diet (2 votes [6.67%])

6. avoid dairy / lactose, gluten, and / or soy (2 votes [6.67%])

7. low-calorie diet (eat whatever I like, just keep it under X calories per day) (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. take a multivitamin every day, then eat whatever I like (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

9. I'd like to eat healthfully, but I just haven't found the time and money yet. (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

10. I eat whatever the eff is tasty and available, any form of "dieting" is folly, we'll all die someday. (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
We've read a lot of profiles specifying that living a healthy lifestyle, including eating right, is very important to them.

We're certainly not trying to give anyone a hard time for that, nope, nothing doing. Good on you for trying to do the right thing for your body! Hopefully you and your body will stick around for a very long time as a result.

But hardly anyone says what that actually means for THEM. Now, this doesn't mean they don't KNOW what that means for them. It just means WE don't know what that means for them after reading those profiles. And, probably, their audience doesn't either. Maybe that's something they feel they'll discuss in more detail after getting to know someone, and that's fine with us . . . just that we're starting to wonder what our subscribers are up to in that regard.

In our own attempted odyssey toward better health and well-being (something we unfortunately found we needed to pay at least a BIT of attention to after our early twenties, damnit!), we've read a bunch of stuff, tried a bunch of stuff, and heard a bunch of other peeps talking about the stuff we've read and/or tried.

There's a squillion different diets and health suggestions out there. More every day. It's getting pretty dang confusing. Even if you WANT to eat healthfully, what does that actually entail??? What to eat? What to NOT eat? Supplements?

It gets especially confusing when various diet suggestions are more or less incompatible with one another. Example: It's challenging to avoid animal fats AND be low-carb. Another example: It's fairly challenging to be vegan or raw foods and be anything else at all.

It also gets challenging to be anything else at all if you have any serious food allergies, and still plan on going out to eat / eating at other peeps' dinner parties. A lactose allergy and/or a gluten allergy (both very common) make it difficult to find much to eat in many mainstream situations; you're probably stuck with whatever is leftover, if that's much at all.

It's also challenging to NOT eat mainstream crapola, no matter what your ideology and/or health plan. Let's face it, fast food is readily available and cheap. If you're really busy and/or kind of broke, it can be challenging and expensive to insist on eating anything else.

Disclaimer: Just in case you think we're getting all mainstream magazine "just for women" on your ass, we're not talking just about weight loss. NOOOOO. We're talking about general health and well-being. (Although if you wanted to talk about weight loss, we'll certainly not delete what you have to say.)

Another Disclaimer: We're not trying to suggest there's any "One True Diet." I think some people promoting themselves with a particular diet plan in the media think so, but we don't agree. Different peeps have different bodies, different diets work for them.

But we'd still love to hear about what everyone here is doing, especially if you can add WHY that works for you and how that's going. :)

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
p.s.

We actually wanted to add several other options to that poll above, but apparently there are some software limitations we'd have to seriously program away to do that.

???

Maybe too many options aren't a good thing anyway. ???

(and yeah, perhaps that ties in with the theme of too many diet options)

ANYWAY, we know the options above won't encompass everyone. They wouldn't anyway, even if we could program in everything we thought of. SO!

If you feel the options above encompass you, please vote on one. If you don't, please elaborate below. Thanks!

Elisheba

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I'm on a hyperprotein diet.
It is a diet that is also low-fat ( which I think it is great ).
It is a life-plan actually, not only a simple diet..

DeAndra

• 3 posts
I am vegan. I think it's a pretty healthy lifestyle when I am not satisfying my sweet tooth :)

SweetNerd

• 10 posts
I'm on a low calorie diet. I use a calorie counter. Its the only thing that works for me. When I see how many calories something is it makes me not want to eat it. I

used to love going to Mcdonalds for the Big Mac until I got a calorie counter and realized its 550 calories and I am only eating 1300 a day lol. That took half

my daily calorie intake. And I still had to have the fries lol. So now I second think what I eat based on the calorie count. I'm down 10 pounds.

Prudence

• 10 posts
I can't even lie. I'm like a damn yo-yo when it comes to food. I know what is and isn't healthy (at least in my humble opinion) but I don't always follow my own 'rules'. I have a huge sweet-tooth.

But when I DO try to eat right, it's a low-carb diet. Sugar, breads, and potatoes are weird things for the body to digest, and they add blubber on super quickly. I try to aim for more veggies, fruits, and small portions of meat OR vegetarian 'meats' depending on my mood.

But like I said, I'm not perfect. So I have a pretty weird love-hate relationship with cake.

ashleigh

• 192 posts
i generally avoid consuming carrion and members of my own species. cannibalism just doesn't appeal to me. what i absolutely love eating is what i harvest from the garden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users