It's Over

6 replies to this topic

iggy

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 56 posts
After 25 years it's over. No more CJ and Iris. I didn't see it coming- or did I choose to ignore it?

I guess her friends are more important - imagine that.

Life sucks!

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Iris,

You have friends here, remember!

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
And YES life does suck....I've lived in San Diego for 7 years now and the closest friends I have I've met on line. How's that work anyway?

Robinsworld3136

• Members
  • 8 posts
Yes, life sucks--big time. I also am coming out of what I thought was going to be a lifetime commitment. We were together 8 years. We have known each other for about 26 years. I stuck by her when she found out she had MS, During bad flair ups I helped her get dressed, helped her through temporary partial blindness, even took her to work one day because she couldn't care for herself. She went through depression, anger, great sadness. She has been on medicine and has improved. Then I found out that I have fibromyalgia, bi-polar, 65% blocked corotid artery, very painful arthritis in my back. She is now not happy with me so she went and slept with someone else. She didn't even try to work things out. Just out of the blue I get told "I'm not happy anymore and I have feelings for someone else." Smack me in the head with a 2 X 4. I can't believe she didn't even try. So, that part of my life is over. I centered most everything around her, so I have very few friends. That is why I am exploring Lesbotonic. I am trying to get my health as good as it can be. I am working on cleaning out my house and possesions. I am building a new life for myself. I plan on being happy with just me, myself, and I. And hopefully meet some awesome people along my journey of life.
Wow, can you tell I haven't had anyone to talk to? Even though my relationship had not been as long as yours, I relate to your frustration with life. As I am constantly telling my kids (grown kids) somewhere, somehow things always seem to work out. It can be a bitch getting to that point though. Hang in there and you are not alone.

iggy

• 56 posts
I can't sleep. I have to be up at 3AM and I can't sleep.

Jumped on here to get some type of relief. Thank you - all of you for being there.

Iris

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
I've got to get ready for work now...hang in there lady. Check in with you tomorrow...Alice

Beccablue

• 4 posts
What is wrong with people treating other's this way? Whatever happened to caring and compassion and that big C word, Commitment?

I feel so much for those who have shared above. I can not really relate- oh yes, I have had my heart broken and thought it would never heal but it had been a short affair, not one that had lasted for years.

I want to say to those of you who are experiencing such loss right now that you are not alone. There are so many people who are feeling loss right now, And yet, each loss is unique, every pain strikes at the heart with different arrows.

They say, "Behind every cloud is a silver lining" but when you are in the midst of the darkness it is difficult to even begin to start looking up for the clouds.

Life is hard. Keep at it. And when you can not stand, there are others you can lean on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users