Difficulty posting and/or replying to PMs...

3 replies to this topic

illuminosity

• Members
  • 33 posts
I have been having a lot of difficulty either posting or replying to PMs. I press the post button and it just hangs there. I have tried logging in with firefox and with IE, it does the same thing with both of them.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts

I have been having a lot of difficulty either posting or replying to PMs. I press the post button and it just hangs there. I have tried logging in with firefox and with IE, it does the same thing with both of them.

I just tested it myself, sent you a private message. It was lightning fast.

IE is the most horrid browser ever. I wouldn't use that for anything. I'm using the most current version of Firefox.

There are other possibilities, mainly your internet connection. Is that slow?

Firefox also has a lot of extensions available. Sometimes if you install a whole lot of extensions or mods to Firefox, some of them might start conflicting with each other or some of the functions of this site.

You don't have a firewall active, do you? That's another possibility. It might decide to Big Brother you out of some features of this site.

illuminosity

• Members
  • 33 posts
I tried it in both FF and IE.

Right now it is working, but last week it was impossible. The other person I was PMing with also had issues, though I don't know which browser she was using.

The internet connection here is pretty fast.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
So, it wasn't working before, but it is working now?

Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to try to determine the source of a problem if I can't reproduce it.

I guess some sort of temporary difficulty is always possible with any website. If it's working now, I guess we'll just not worry about it for now, since it's working now and we can't reproduce the problem.

If it happens again, let us know. We might be able to look into whether or not there's any problem with the forum database, although I'm not aware of any problems that could exist that would affect the private messaging function only, leaving absolutely everything else functional, and this has been the only report of any difficulty . . . at least, thus far. But I guess it's possible. Many things are. :?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users