Looking to locate an old friend

10 replies to this topic

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Asking for some help:

I'm looking for an old friend - (name redacted per request from original poster)
- we met in San Francisco in the late 70's (78-79) and the again in '84. She left to go back to New York, I haven't been able to locate her since. Her Mom worked at the SF Visitors Center. Our Dad's had the same ties in New York...key to if its her something about a "lion in the basement" - she'll know. I'm an idiot for letting her get away...Reaching out to anyone that may know her...its a reach 26 years later but have run out of other options.

African American (maybe mixed), light skinned, brown hair (she kept it really short), she had light eyes, approx. 5'7"or so, slim build, 51/52 yrs. old now.

(Note: edited to redact name in post per request from original poster)

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
:( Some one else some where has to know her...she came and went like a ghost with me....

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
26 years later is a very long time. Any particular reason you need to find her NOW instead of anytime in the last 25 years or so? Just curious. Answer not required. :)

In addition to the length of time that has passed, I think another problem will be that that name is not unusual. It'll be hard to Google "sue davis" because there will be so many links. Nevertheless, if you have a free afternoon, you can.

I'd also guess that if she's:

- still alive
- uses a computer and the internet and
- is open to contact with people from her past

that it's very likely she'll be on facebook, myspace, and/or classmates, all dot com. (I hate Facebook so much I refuse to give it an actual link.) But again, given the name, even if you find her profile, it may be hard to tell it's actually her if she hasn't posted a photo. Life details and locations may not give you enough of a clue if it's 26 years later. I guess you could try contacting everyone named Sue Davis that you find, but that's likely going to be a very frustrating exercise. If someone doesn't contact you back, you really won't know if they even read the message, much less if you actually hit your target.

If that doesn't work, I think you'd have to go back to the last couple of places you last knew she spent time, and look for family, friends, and/or places she worked, try to interview anyone who will talk to you. It'd probably help if you knew some of her good friends or family, otherwise you might seem a little loony and they may be hesitant to talk to you. I'm not saying that to be insulting at all, but just to suggest it's a possibility you may want to consider ahead of time, have a response prepared, perhaps to my first question.

If that doesn't work, I think your final options are public records searches, starting with the last couple of places you last knew she spent time, or a private investigator.

Good luck!

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Been thinking about her a lot lately...posting on every lesbian facebook page I can find...

so far I found out that 98% of all Sue Davis's are Caucasian..

But thanks for the positive encouragement.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts

Asking for some help:

I'm looking for an old friend - Sue Davis - we met in San Francisco in the late 70's (78-79) and the again in '84. She left to go back to New York, I haven't been able to locate her since. Her Mom worked at the SF Visitors Center. Our Dad's had the same ties in New York...key to if its her something about a "lion in the basement" - she'll know. I'm an idiot for letting her get away...Reaching out to anyone that may know her...its a reach 26 years later but have run out of other options.

African American (maybe mixed), light skinned, brown hair (she kept it really short), she had light eyes, approx. 5'7"or so, slim build, 51/52 yrs. old now.

Received some info that she may be a choreographer (dancer or dance instructor in NY)

HelloBunny

• Members
  • 5 posts
If you know where she lives, you should search her on facebook. Easiest way to find anyone.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Thanks - Too many Sue Davis's and not getting any replies to messages I sent out. have posting on every LGBT facebook page that allows you to post - especially in San Francisco and New York. Last two locations I have.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Found her.....sweet.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
Soooo . . . after all of that buildup here on the board, you're not even going to say what happened after you found her?

Sheesh! Anti-climatic, much?

Anything? Some sort of little detail? Friends now? Anything?

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
I have been trying to send you private messages but don't know if your getting them...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users