Lack of Photos

10 replies to this topic

HelloBunny

• Members
  • 5 posts
SHEESH! What's the point of joining a dating site if you're not going to put a profile picture? It's the internet for Pete's sake. I went through the San Antonio Section and only about 20% of people posted a photo. Maybe I'm just being a diva. ./endrant

FavorHouse2113

• Members
  • 4 posts
I know what you mean. I went through all of Atl and not only did half the people not have pictures but most didnt even fill out the the rest of their profile. I'm not a shallow person but i have to have some idea of the person I'm talking to.

Spairria

• Members
  • 7 posts
I hear ya.Between people not having photos and most people not talking on dating sites. I sent out a ton of e-mails out to people but only three people replied. The one reply see gave me her cell phone number without knowing me. The other person told me to e-mail another account but never replied after that. And the other person told me try another dating site because its more successful then heard nothing after that. I don't understand this.

Mock Rock Star

• Members
  • 16 posts
Women can be a bit difficult and discreet. FavorHouse, why are you complaining? You don't even have a picture of yourself posted 8)

FavorHouse2113

• Members
  • 4 posts
Wow I must have looked real conceited talking about a lack of photos and I didn't even notice that my pic wasn't even up :P But I fixed it! I have nothing to hide!

Mock Rock Star

• Members
  • 16 posts
Well I'm glad you posted a picture Favorhouse and hey, maybe that's what happen with most of the women on here!!! They thought they post a picture, but they didn't or they had a had time "consolidating" their photo so that it could fit

GRMChris

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 11 posts
Same concern. Way back I thought "Why do you have to have a photo, is this a way of screening people out?", pictures do not encapsulate the whole person. Well I have come to another conclusion, electronic dating needs as much information as possible.

I had a woman cook me over a fire pit when I asked about why she had to have my photo. The good part is her less nice write up side went south and her venom came spewing out. That interchange concreted for me she was not someone I would want to meet.

The part that concerned me was her comment, "Why shouldn't you see what your getting involved with?" A picture is a must to me, but the profile write is important also.

No picture, and many profile areas left blank tells me "I have a secret.", "None of your business!", or "Just don't care to fill this whole thine out." When I see no picture and areas left blank I don't waste my time. I took time to fill in the blanks, if this is serious I would think they would to.

GRMChris

• 11 posts
You all bring up valid points. As for other sites, don't go there. They cost and hook you in with photos and validations, once on noting. The sad part is they have your money and no refund. I figure this site is free and if it is meant to happen online it mine as well be here.

malinda

• 3 posts
I totally agree!! If the rest of us are taking the time to fill every part of the form out AND include a picture than I think EVERYONE should have to have a profile pic....it's only fair that if you can see me, I should be able to see you..ya know?
Min

malinda

• 3 posts

View PostSpairria, on 17 July 2011 - 02:14 AM, said:

I hear ya.Between people not having photos and most people not talking on dating sites. I sent out a ton of e-mails out to people but only three people replied. The one reply see gave me her cell phone number without knowing me. The other person told me to e-mail another account but never replied after that. And the other person told me try another dating site because its more successful then heard nothing after that. I don't understand this.
lol...right!! i went thru one dating site and eliminated some of the people i wasn't really interested in and the ones that were left didn't have pics and it was about 6 pgs....lol....i feel that it doesn't hurt to talk to people, even if they aren't what you are looking for romantically, you might make a great friend..some people are considerably stuck up and think they are too good to even chat with a person....they are the ones i DELETE off my search results...lmao

Edited by malinda, 15 January 2012 - 04:55 AM.

Min

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users