How can we get more people posting?

9 replies to this topic

#-9
Mock Rock Star

• Members
  • 16 posts
What do I have to do... to make the women talk on here? I know there has to be some women who would like to talk and get to know each other a little better. :P

#-8
lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
Post a conversation topic that's interesting enough that women want to respond to it? :)/>

(Unfortunately, "Why aren't more people posting?" or a complaint that not enough women are already has never, EVER qualified as interesting. Unfortunately.)

We, the women that run this thing, have been better in the past about posting conversation topics. And we hope to do a better job again, in the future. Just lately, we've been stressed to the max schedule-wise just keeping up with the personals side. That side of the site is more popular than ever.

You can tell from the member traffic logs that many more members view topics than bother to respond. And MANY MANY more people visit this board than bother to register.

SO, if WE'RE not able to post as often as we'd like, it's up to OTHER participants to post topics/conversation starters that are interesting enough that others will feel compelled to respond.

If you do, they will.

If you don't, they won't.

Sorry to put it bluntly, and not trying to be rude to anyone, but that's just the reality here.

We do have a couple topics in mind we hope to post about soon, but in the meantime and in the future, hope this motivates you or anyone else reading this to post something other than a complaint about who is/not already posting. Thanks!

#-7
lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
One more thing . . . if you'd like to ramp up the conversation, but can't think of a new topic, you can always scroll down and respond to an older topic already started by someone else. That'll bump it back up to the top.

Topics never have to be "dead," they can always keep going. Maybe the original posters will see your response, maybe they won't, but since any topic is for the whole community, it doesn't matter that much. Or to put it another way, topics are for whomever is interested in them, whenever they are interested in them. No one owns them.

If you bump a topic up by responding to it, it'll definitely get additional traffic, and very likely additional responses from current participants.

Hope that helps! :D

#-6
Jay T.

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 25 posts
LOL... if I can get started on a conversation I will wear it out

#-5
BISQUIT

• 13 posts
Hello....I am new to the site and do love to gab......so I will try my best to post and reply as much as I can...hope to hear from a lot of ya.....Peace and Luv....Bisquit
Peace and Love, BISQUIT

#-4
Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
Since I puts my last topic in the wrong place, hope this is ok!
I just wanted to tip my hat to Andreja Wilson, for trying so very hard to keep conversations going or start new ones.
Thanks A.W.!

#-3
AndrejaWilson

• 120 posts

View PostRammy Lynn, on 10 August 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Since I puts my last topic in the wrong place, hope this is ok!
I just wanted to tip my hat to Andreja Wilson, for trying so very hard to keep conversations going or start new ones.
Thanks A.W.!

All I can do is try.

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

#-2
MelancholicMedusa

• 5 posts
I am sure that if we all try we can find ONE topic that will get an overwhelming number of members participating!! -- says the optimist in me ;)

#-1
lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts

View PostMelancholicMedusa, on 23 October 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I am sure that if we all try we can find ONE topic that will get an overwhelming number of members participating!! -- says the optimist in me ;)

Here's a suggestion for more than ONE topic, just scroll down and click on whatever interests you! With all those suggestions, surely there must be something!

http://www.lesbotron...ed-discussions/

MelancholicMedusa

• 5 posts

View Postlesbotronic, on 25 October 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Here's a suggestion for more than ONE topic, just scroll down and click on whatever interests you! With all those suggestions, surely there must be something!

http://www.lesbotron...ed-discussions/

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, there are many very interesting topics to comment on. Take a look!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users