Cheating I: What Is Cheating Looking Like, These Days?*

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Cheating I: What Is Cheating Looking Like, These Days?* (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Cheating I: What Is Cheating Looking Like, These Days?*

1. Never have, never would cheat. (21 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

2. Did cheat, but never would again. (13 votes [28.26%])

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

3. Never cheated thus far. Might cheat if an opportunity arose, but not actively seeking one. (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

4. Cheated in the past, but not cheating NOW. Might cheat again, or not, can't predict. (6 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

5. Never cheated, but currently considering cheating with someone I already know in person. (1 votes [2.17%])

6. Never cheated, but currently shopping for someone new to cheat with via the internet. (1 votes [2.17%])

7. Have cheated, probably will/am planning to cheat again. (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

8. "Cheating" doesn't apply to me, as I have never and would never agree to any form of sexual exclusivity beyond basic safer sex considerations. (1 votes [2.17%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rammy Lynn

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 52 posts
Ok dear ladies of Lesbotronic, let us air some dirty laundry. Interesting? Your call. Shameful? Probably. Necessary? Definitely! Or, not.

While I do not think there is any good reason to cheat, I do believe there IS a good reason to cheat on the person who cheated on you.
In my younger days, not that I'm old now, :) I was in the 4th year of what I understood to be a monogamous relationship. One night at a party, I walked in on my partner & another, dare I say slut? Yes I dare, in the throws of drunken passion in a back bedroom. I made myself known to them and, mind you, the looks of embarrassment, humiliation & regret might have been enough for someone with a heart, to chalk it up to an almost empty Tequila bottle on the nightstand.

But noooo, how could I allow that to go unanswered. She was going to pay and she was going to pay big.

I let her apologize, suck up and kiss my ass for the next week or so. I knew that she truly regretted what she had done and she was willing to do pretty much anything to keep our relationship together.

It was at this point that I brought another woman home to our bed, timing it so my girlfriend would come home from work and walk in on what I had walked in on a few weeks before.

As I had planned, she was shattered. But as I said earlier, she was going to pay big.
I managed to turn the situation around and made her realize that this was her fault. Again she ended up apologizing, sucking up and kissing my ass because what she had done had made me cheat on her. I milked this for some time.
Once she believed our relationship was back on solid ground & she felt secure about us...I left her.

That my friends is what cheating can do. I'll leave it to others to decide who was the worst person in my story. But I'll tell you this.

Years later, I would be cheated on once again, only this time I would lose everything that meant anything to me. This time, I just let her go. No fight, no pride, heartbroken & crushed, I just let her go.

Cheating is anything but cut & dried.

AndrejaWilson

• 120 posts

View PostRammy Lynn, on 06 August 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Ok dear ladies of Lesbotronic, let us air some dirty laundry. Interesting? Your call. Shameful? Probably. Necessary? Definitely! Or, not.

While I do not think there is any good reason to cheat, I do believe there IS a good reason to cheat on the person who cheated on you.
In my younger days, not that I'm old now, :) I was in the 4th year of what I understood to be a monogamous relationship. One night at a party, I walked in on my partner & another, dare I say slut? Yes I dare, in the throws of drunken passion in a back bedroom. I made myself known to them and, mind you, the looks of embarrassment, humiliation & regret might have been enough for someone with a heart, to chalk it up to an almost empty Tequila bottle on the nightstand.

But noooo, how could I allow that to go unanswered. She was going to pay and she was going to pay big.

I let her apologize, suck up and kiss my ass for the next week or so. I knew that she truly regretted what she had done and she was willing to do pretty much anything to keep our relationship together.

It was at this point that I brought another woman home to our bed, timing it so my girlfriend would come home from work and walk in on what I had walked in on a few weeks before.

As I had planned, she was shattered. But as I said earlier, she was going to pay big.
I managed to turn the situation around and made her realize that this was her fault. Again she ended up apologizing, sucking up and kissing my ass because what she had done had made me cheat on her. I milked this for some time.
Once she believed our relationship was back on solid ground & she felt secure about us...I left her.

That my friends is what cheating can do. I'll leave it to others to decide who was the worst person in my story. But I'll tell you this.

Years later, I would be cheated on once again, only this time I would lose everything that meant anything to me. This time, I just let her go. No fight, no pride, heartbroken & crushed, I just let her go.

Cheating is anything but cut & dried.

You're cold, but I liked it for some reason.

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
That will always be one of my biggest regrets.

Annie1000

• 5 posts
This is where I cause a little trouble by adding some information perhaps not thought of before. I can't answer the poll because my choice isn't out there.

We've been in a recession for many years (please ignore what the government is telling you - it's a recession and the unemployment numbers are falsely reported - that's another discussion for those who may be too bored to write about it). Unlike 20 years ago, it's very hard to own a house and "divorce." There may be one primary supporter in a relationship that may exist but also may be sexless for many, many reasons. In some cases, yes, it's cheating - if you can afford it, end the relationship. In other cases where money is TIGHT, why not safely supplement your sexless relationship?

I hate euphemisms and am not using any. But there needs to be a current term that allows for this type of situation. In my case, we've talked about it. Actually, my partner said it was suggested and it just did not work out. So, the word is out. We no longer talk about it an I cannot leave - that discussion is one we've had. So, I'm looking for what I would say is a friendship/intimate/relationship that may lead to sex. I'm 60 but far from over the hill. Do I think it's wrong? No, not in my case. After many, many years, I'm looking and not expecting anything. Values change due to the times. It's not a matter of morality to me either.

Do I think my father and two ex-brother-in-laws were wrong when they screwed around? Yes and my sisters found out. Is it hypocritical? Nope. They had a choice and eventually took it and divorced.

Andreja: To each her own. I think of revenge (it's just that way) but don't act on it. But I won't judge you for what you did. I hope you're okay.

Edited by lesbotronic, 08 April 2014 - 04:54 PM.

Shyn

• 4 posts
I did cheat before, but I won't do it again, because, I have been cheated. I know how it hurts now. What goes around, comes around!

TorrieGamer

• One Post Members
  • 1 posts
Well, I'm not necessarily sure if I was cheating or not but I think it was near borderline cheating. But, I was on this one online game and I coupled this Asian guy the day my exgf broke up with me (I took the break up really hard btw and didn't like the guy more than a friend) and I asked him on FB (later on) if we could be bf and gf on there but he said no cause of all his friends would bug him about it. We were never like romantic with each other. We were more like friends than anything then I met this one guy on another game and he asked me to be his gf so I said yes. So, I don't really know if that was cheating or not. Then there was this other time I was with this girl but she wouldn't give me the time of day. So I ended up falling for a close friend of mine. I ended up flirting with her a little but it was like really bad flirting. Not dirty just bad. And we did have like a movie date via skype but my sister was there so it was a date and not at the same time. So yeah, not sure if it was cheating but if it was, I'll never do it again cause I felt incredibly guilty even if these aren't really considered cheating. Even though some people consider online relationships "not real", I still consider it as such and sadly, all my past relationships had been online.

chrissyeuro

• 3 posts
I have cheated....i felt bad about myself and more for my gf at the time. I will never do it again. Next time if i even think about cheating i will discuss it with whomever i am with to see if we need to end things or to see what we r lacking

LoloKS

• One Post Members
  • 1 posts
I have never cheated. I wish I could honestly break the two party system that is monogamy, but I can see that it would hurt my partner so that's not possible. A little while ago at a party a woman threw herself into my lap, (literaly). I had such a good time bouncing her like a baby. It was a lark. Then when I told my partner about it I could see hurt feelings. Really bouncing a woman on your lap is nothing relatively speaking and even that was cause for hurt feelings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users