What = Attractive?

20 replies to this topic

Poll: What = Attractive? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What = Attractive?

1. open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives (56 votes [24.35%])

Percentage of vote: 24.35%

2. reads actual books (48 votes [20.87%])

Percentage of vote: 20.87%

3. polite, considerate, civil (54 votes [23.48%])

Percentage of vote: 23.48%

4. interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc. (18 votes [7.83%])

Percentage of vote: 7.83%

5. possesses a practical skill (25 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

6. plays a sport (8 votes [3.48%])

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

7. politically aware, votes (21 votes [9.13%])

Percentage of vote: 9.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
The last time we asked something similar, many said stuff like:

1. physical appeal (whatever that meant for them)
2. sexual compatibility (again, whatever that meant for them)
3. no frequent substance abuse (somewhat less subjective, but still individually and variously defined)

We think it's a given that most want to spend time with those they consider physically appealing and sexually compatible. And many also prefer peeps about as sober as they are (again, whatever that means for them).

So to make this more interesting, let's assume we're already referring to hypothetical peeps you find pleasant along the lines of the list of 3 above.

So for a longer-term relationship of any variety . . . what ELSE do you find attractive?

We'll start, but if others respond with interesting stuff, we'll put that in the poll too. You can pick as many as you like for this poll.

1. open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives
Actual traveling is entirely optional, because that usually requires a lot of time and money that many don't have to spare, especially lately. But at a minimum, willingness to visit a museum, sample cuisine from different countries, and watch documentaries and movies with subtitles.

2. reads actual books

3. polite, considerate, civil
You care about the impact of your words and actions, and you try to do a good job whenever reasonably possible. Yes, even on the internet. Maybe even MORE on the internet. How you behave when you think you're not required to be decent is even more who you really are.

4. interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc.
Just to clarify, we're not judging anyone else for their dietary choices. Unfortunately, we like junk food. But we're also determined to eat more healthfully, and if you keep munching cheesy nachos right in front of us, we're going to want some too. The intentions are good, but the will can be weak! Ack!

5. possesses a practical skill
We mean like, cooking, carpentry, auto maintenance, computer programming, etc. Women who know how to DO stuff get our motors running.

6. plays a sport
Not exactly necessary (unless you're looking for someone to join your team), but women with balls are just sexy (double entendre = yes, deal with it).

7. politically aware, votes
Many have said that if you can't be bothered to vote, you also gave up your right to complain. Yup, totally.

What else? Do tell.

Sortilege

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 9 posts
It’s hard to not to check all the boxes of this poll… I reduced my choice to two, and chose the openness to other cultures and the possession of a practical skill.
Being a great traveller whenever I can, I enjoy meeting women with the same interest in learning about other cultures, learning languages, and I value intellectual and cultural curiosity.
Regarding the second point, possessing a practical skill implies passion, determination, patience, persistence, which are all qualities that I find quite enticing.
I think I find strong personalities attractive. Women who know what they want and go for it usually catch my attention.

GRMChris

• 11 posts
Maybe it is just m, but I have been on 3 seperate dating sites, not including this one, but I guess I should. Folks we all hve drama in our life, it is called life. I think the more appropriate ngative characteristic is baggage, "Just broke up and on the rebound, she did this to me so I am going to take it out on you!"

I have had 3 seperate sites, and not including this one, all wanted drama free, came across as the woman of lifetime, then I found out they were scammers, now that's some drama.

I take online dating with a grain of salt, there are so many people who have left out somany important things about themselves, gave themselves one heck of a write up compared to who they are, and the no picture.

What is attractive being honest, this is not a game to me or a bar I am going to just not paying a door fee and for watered down drinks. If you are really looking for someone, they see you have looked at them, give them the courtesy of a quick note.

If you want someone special, reveal yoursellf and she and you will find each other.

kladdaugh

• 25 posts
I feel bad, because I voted for all of the above. That's not going to show which ones matter, because to me, all of those things are the most attractive traits about anyone.

littlefran

• 7 posts
Duhhh! I voted once! I think respect is one of the most important values. Stay polite, considarating others and be civilized. If I can achieve that, I would probably be a better person. When I look to other people, the overall respect is maybe to most important turn on to me :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Kirsten

• 15 posts
I wanted to check so many... but the "open to new perspectives" and "reads actual books" are on the top of my list. :)
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

- Albert Einstein

Reina

• 11 posts
I would say a person's self awareness and complete or slight confidence in themselves is attractive.
Live Laugh Love

Cilla

• 7 posts
I think that intelligence, open-mindedness, and the willingness to listen are attractive in a woman.

allyfey

• 16 posts
I like smart girls that play sports, so this poll was perfect for me.

Salina

• One Post Members
  • 2 posts
Oh gosh, I voted for four things. Being open to experiencing other cultures, reading actual books, being polite and considerate, and being interested in healthier foods are all great things, and ones that would definitely add to a person's attractiveness for me.

I think being politically active is important, but it's not necessarily something that I would consider attractive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users