Anime And Nerd Life...

7 replies to this topic

Tori_bird

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 18 posts
I saw an older topic on just anime, but i want to know what other nerdy things you ladies are into.
Anime isn't for everyone, and lots of people don't give a hoot about eastern comics. I was raised on Magic the Gathering and Black Canary comics (and then Batman) myself but I carry a love for comics of any kind and frequently get stuck in the graphic novel section of a book store, or can be found buried up to my eyeballs in an art book or video-game design book. I love seeing how the raw ideas become a full fledged game character.

Do you go to conventions? Who are your favorite superheros? Are you a person who recently found a love of comics and cartoons and want suggestions?
Are you "normal" and don't get what we see in these things? ( I use the term loosely and in a non-sarcastic & non-derogatory manner)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't dream about being who you want to be, just be that someone... it's not as Miyagi as it sounds.

Reina

• 11 posts
I love anime but, I have preferences to which animes and/or manga that I enjoy over others. I went to my first anime convention back in 2010 and I had bought so much merchandise. My friend, that came with me, was extremely embarrassed over how much we ended up buying but I was the least bit ashamed. I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to buying anime/manga/game related items. I just get so excited.
Live Laugh Love

Tori_bird

• 18 posts
I'm so careful with money, but every Sunday at a convention I can feel the sale-crazy coming on. @_@
------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't dream about being who you want to be, just be that someone... it's not as Miyagi as it sounds.

Jane

• 7 posts
Back in high school I made a few friends who were REALLY into anime, at the time I kept pronouncing the word as "Aneam" until I was THOROUGHLY corrected repeatedly, until I got it right. Ever since then I had been following Bleach (until now WHY IS IT OVERR???) Naruto, inuyasha and all the stuff that was easily translated to american broadcasting on stations such as YTV (Canada) and soon in later years, the cartoon network/adult swim. Up until my first year of college I started getting into ANY anime possible, I mean I was on the HUNT for new stuff.

I can't exactly remember on the top of my head of what I've watched, but I generally watch ANYTHING with Tags such as: Slice of life, comedy, delinquents, yakuza, gender bender, reverse harem, harem, psychological, horror, ghosts, yuri, yaoi, shounen ai and a combination of generally all of them. Now I'm just sort of waiting for new anime to pop up, I had a few favorites that for someone reason just stopped. I'm not one to go and find the reason, I'm more for the "watching and story aspect" of all things anime. I don't read Manga, I'm not that much into reading comics either, but I WILL collect them solely for the artwork. I am an illustrator so I like to also look at concept artwork for various numbers of reasons.

I have never been to a convention, firstly because I don't think I would have the patience for it. I mean I LOVE to dress up for halloween and scare the socks out of kids, going to a halloween convention......maybe. But to dress up for any other reason, not so much. It's the line up's with a mix of the crowds that I don't have the patience for. But then again that's something to be expected in just about any social phenomena....so that's one fault of mine.

But yes.....I love anime and I NEED TO FIND SOME MORE to consume what little time I have to watch it.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
i am a sucker for interesting anime, but manga is a love i h have not outgrown.

Tamsin

• 7 posts
Used to watch anime, I've slipped away from that now though. I play a lot of tabletop RPGs though - D&D and the like.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
i remember how i used to laugh at the idea of people scheduling classes around their favorite soap operas. then when i started college again, i realized that i was doing the same thing except with animaniacs, chip and dale's rescue rangers and tiny toons.

Prudence

• 10 posts
I like anime, but generally I like to watch it with other people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users