Once A Jehovah's Witness

1 reply to this topic

heathergirl63

• Guests
  • 3 posts
Having come out of the Jehovah's Witness religion after 38 long years in it, it took me such a long time to disentangle myself from all the ways it had me misshapen, contorted, conflicted, torn, broken and lost. Being gay and a JW do not go together and any potential inclination to even begin to understand my nature was quashed before it could even hope to surface.

My interest in discussing this topic is not to get bogged down in the Exness of being. Rather, it is in the surviving and thriving heroically, brilliantly, magnificently. To broaden the conversation into one of hope and courage and power and personal truth not just spiritually but also as queer. Throwing off ALL shackles of conformity to be staunchly determined to discover what I really feel; what I really believe. The love of all forms of diversity and a persons right to choose their path and fumble along until they find their own rhythm. All the hard parts lead to all the opening parts of conviction of Soul.

Is anyone else interested in having those kinds of Soulversations?
Attached File  1.7.13.jpg   30.36K   0 downloads :guitar:

Jedhi

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 27 posts
I congratulate you on your heroic journey. I went through my own very young. Fortunate for me, my mother went to every church in town as she was searching. So, as a young child I got to observe the differences. And, by the times I was a teenager, I was on another path. I mention it in another thread.

But I know for my mother, she went from being born into Catholicism and then going to other churches to study the Bible, to going to other religions to finally concluding that the Native Americans were closest to her heart and soul.

I tend to agree with Emanuel Swedenborg. He had angelic visitations in his meditations. He was shown that every group of souls has their own lessons. I agree with that because we are drawn to people to care and share and be communicative--commune being a key in my meaning. We are social creatures. Even the Aetheists refer to themselves as a group of like-minded people.

I know how painful it was for me to forego the Bible when my mother was so hurt that I was not a Christian. And, then it was so liberating that after years of being a self-proclaimed Bible Thumper, my mom stated that she was in more agreement with the Native American teachings. It blew my mind but it was a relief that in my world view, she had transcended from one religion to not only another world view but one that encompassed nature.

I really support you finding support in your new world view adventures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users