Non- Mainstream Christian/orginal Language Studies

2 replies to this topic

Jay T.

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 25 posts
I began to study the orginal languages many years ago when I was seeking the best Bible to study from.
Did you know that the orginal langauge does NOT say a woman with a woman is sin? It was never listed in the orginal language as sin, there is no such wording at all.

Edited by Jay T., 17 April 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Mercy

• One Post Members
  • 2 posts
It is true. Slippery but true. I only know a bit, so I cannot get into further debate, but I do live a spiritual life. Thanks for putting this down.

AndrejaWilson

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 120 posts

View PostJay T., on 17 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I began to study the orginal languages many years ago when I was seeking the best Bible to study from.
Did you know that the orginal langauge does NOT say a woman with a woman is sin? It was never listed in the orginal language as sin, there is no such wording at all.

Yep. The translations from Aramaic and Hebrew to Latin to English have been bastardized so much, I'm not sure how much of the Bible is written correctly. Many Latin words can be taken several ways depending on the other words around it. I think they may have also spoken in a more formalized tone that has been lost to time. Many theological scholars have noted that the Bible WAS translated wrong over the years and what needs to be done is it to be re-evaluated. Will this change anything for the haters of the LGBTQI+ community? I don't think so, but it would be great if it did.

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users