Howdy From Rogersville Tn

3 replies to this topic

bigbike4

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 13 posts
A big hello to one and all out there in cyberland from tiny lil ole Rogersville TN. Wow what can I say about myself, lets see I am an advid outdoors woman. I love to hike, camp, motorcycle, fish, garden and in general prefer being outdoors to in (as long as the weather is decent). I love to sit on my porch and pick one of my many instruments (usually banjo but can be guitar, mandolin, autoharp or mt. dulcimer). I love music-all kinds. Everything from rock to classical. Heck I even have a couple of electric geetars! I enjoy my animals-dog, cat and chickens as well as the wild life that finds it's way into my yard (which can be cute or ferocious just depends on if it's "bambi" or a panther or bear. I moved here from back up north (SE PA.) which I know makes me a "damn yankee", but I can't help it. I fell in love with this area 20 years before making the move here. It has been an interesting transition, coming from being near a big city with night life to living out in the boonies where one has to drive 2 hours just to get to any sort of night life. But then again I moved here to get away from noise and people 24 hrs. a day. Well that's enough about me.

AndrejaWilson

• 120 posts
Hey! I hope you are transitioning well to the country life. I am from a small town and I've always longed for the city life. How is everything going?

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

bigbike4

• 13 posts
Howdy Andreja: Yes I am adjusting to the laid back style of country living. Wish that lesbians and gays were not so spread out so that I had more of my own people to hang with. Most of my friends are straight. Where I use to live in SE PA was south of Phila. So IF I wanted the night life scene, I could just get in the car and drive into town to partake of a concert or a bar or what ever. And there was several to choose from. The Bike Stop (leather scene), 12th street bar and grill (mostly gay men, but occasional lesbians) and the woman's bar, whose name is escaping me right now. Here we have 1 gay/lesbian bar up and over in Johnson City or gay friendly bars down in Knoxville. Either way over an hour and a half drive from where I live. I know there are gays and lesbians here, I just have not found them yet. What about where you live-you said you are from a small town and want to get to a big city for the night life. And what do you do for a living and what creatures do you have for pets?

AndrejaWilson

• 120 posts
I live in the Pittsburgh area, so there's a good bar scene within 30 min of me. There is one gay bar about 10 min from me, but it's mostly dudes. I'm a beautician. No pets currently, but I'd love to get a cat eventually.

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users