Inspirational Article - Top Five Regrets Of The Dying. Wow.

4 replies to this topic

DianaBlue

• Guests
  • 16 posts
So I found this article about a nurse who recorded the most common regrets dying people have shared with her... and nr 1, at the very top of the list is:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

And I mean, wow! I think that's one of the most inspirational things I've read in a while and I wanted to share it with you guys. I find it applies to the LGBT community so well and brings into focus just how important being yourself truly is. I think we all know how poisonous pretending to be someone else can be and how awful it makes you feel. Everyone says that society puts a lot of pressure on people, but how enlightening is it that so many of them, no matter their gender or orientation, eventually come to the same conclusion and have the same regrets?

You can find the article here.

AndrejaWilson

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 120 posts
Thank you for sharing that. I think I have read that article before. I just hope that if I live to be as old as my grandmother was that I do not feel as if I had the chance to relive my life I'd do it differently.

@Scissor_Sista on-a-mountain-she-sits.tumblr.com

Posted Image

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
Thanks for the link Diana. It left me to ponder... is it possible, to "pre-gret" and avoid the misfortune & usually, self inflicted pain of "regret"?

DianaBlue

• Guests
  • 16 posts
I mean, I suppose you'll always have some regrets but if there's something you can still do about them, it's never too late to be true to yourself.

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
I concur, Dear Diana. I concur.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users