Hi, Y'all!

5 replies to this topic

Anmiya

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 8 posts
Hello, Everyone!

I'm Anmiya and I hail from the Rocket City, aka Huntsville, Alabama. Huntsville is home to the NASA Space Camp, the Marshall Space Flight Center, 3 universities, and one army base. Most of the people who live here either work for one of those entities or service the people who do, and I'm no different. I work at a doctor's office near the base and the flight center, making sure that insurance will cover whatever ails the body.

When I'm not working, I'm slightly obsessed with finding ways to keep nature at bay before it takes over my home....If I never cut grass or scream at a bug again, it'll be too soon. When the grass decides not to grow, I have time for tennis. I'd like to think there are some similarities between Serena Williams and I, but I've seen videos of my game and they make me giggle. I'm a singer and piano player, and thankfully no one's giggled when I've performed - yet. I also love to read and cook, but I haven't found a way to do both at the same time successfully. I may or may not be guilty of burning a pot of boiling water...a true feat.

I spent my childhood traveling the world with my military family, and I loved meeting people from different places. While I can't pick up and go like we did then, I'd love to travel the world through your eyes and experiences. I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you better!

Hope to hear from you,
Anmiya
Satis sum.

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
Nice introduction!
Welcome!

Anmiya

• 8 posts
Thank you for the welcome! This is kind of like the first day at a new school for me: scary and exciting at the same time.
Satis sum.

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
Is it getting better?

Anmiya

• 8 posts
Hm. I don't know if things are "better". I'm still excited and hopeful and slightly afraid that no one will like me. It's high school all over again - argh! :)
Satis sum.

Rammy Lynn

• 52 posts
Hang in there. If memory serves, nothing is as bad as high school!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users