Any Other Lesbian Conservatives Out There?

5 replies to this topic

Dani28

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 4 posts
gets a little lonely, so hit me with your book recommendations or just your personal favorites, links to essays on economics, political philosophy, or the like. pose questions, introduce discussions, or just give a wave.

Julie RK

• 5 posts
hey Dani, nice to meet you i'm Jule
look, you may like to listen to that radio show, they bring on good things http://www.novaplanet.com/radionova/player

you know what, I'm reading a book of Mario Vargas Llosa (a peruvian novelist) right now, it is named "el paraiso en la otra esquina" which i think has been translated to "way to paradise". I really enjoy the way he writes, and the places he brings the reader too. Have you ever heard about that writer ?
Did you read One Hundred Years of Solitude ? from the columbian writer gabriel garcia marquez, it shows a pretty interesting view of the history/society/political decision of some south american countries

ashleigh

• 192 posts
try reading works by albert nock. some consider him an early libertarian and others consider him to be a conservative anarchist.

Dani28

• 4 posts
thanks for the recommendations, Jule. One Hundred Years of Solitude is in my library, but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for the reminder.
Ashleigh, I'm not of the libertarian persuasion, politically (that term has a different meaning, philosophically, in the free will literature; and does describe my beliefs on free will..) but all are welcome. thanks for the contribution :)

Julie RK

• 5 posts
sounds that albert nock interesting, what would you advise me to start with ?
by the way, do you know about any good free ebook website ? like american writer "have to read" books ?

ok that a good topic, what would be your "have to read" list ?? what's your favorite book ?

Dani28

• 4 posts
thought that last question was for Ashleigh; but as she didn't answer, to be safe, I will. I'm a fan of the classics, I guess - Hayek and Adam Smith (as an aside, while An Inquiry Into...The Wealth of Nations is a must read, it would be nice if people remembered the handy companion piece, The Theory of Moral Sentiments). I love Theodore Dalrymple's body of work; and I've gotten into Richard Pipes, as well. only loosely related, but a must read, is Victor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning. I've been meaning to read Charles Murray. I can't say that I have a favorite book (even regarding literature) - there are just too many good books.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users