no longer active member

older/younger relationships

32 posts in this topic

Lilly, I partially agree with you. I don't know if it's the "in charge" factor, but I do know that women my age are not in fact women at all. It seems they're still trying to find themselves, not to mention a bit immature for me. I've never felt my age, always older. Right now, I'm almost 21 and I have a huge crush on a woman that is 38. That's the oldest I've ever gone. We have a special bond, even though we can't be together, since she's married.

I've never been much for someone who has a young soul.

It's just always hard to find someone that doesn't look at me and thing I'm just a baby. It's infinitely frustrating.

(edited)

When I was in my 20s, I was attracted to women in their 20s, but as I've aged (36 now) my tastes have "aged" as well. I just generally prefer women approximately my age.

Edited by michelle36

I'd have to say that I've always been attracted to younger women. After reading through this, & similar other forums, the consensus seems to be that we relate along an intellectual/spiritual line & thus the age part doesn't initially factor in? However, reality will eventually pop up with regards to a much-older partner as they age & go into their late years- having the other become a carer. No, not always the end result, but mainly would be. It's something to consider if entering into a LTR with anyone who is much older.

I personally feel like we reach a point in our lives where "that age" is our age forever (in our head). I've always felt like I was somewhere around 18-25. Even now. I have to wonder if that's why I am attracted as I am? My last GF was half my age. The break-up was not an age-related issue, but if I were to be honest, I can say I believe we would have run into some trouble down the road. I mean yes, you can have things in common- but you don't share a "history"- and I find that becomes more important the older you become.

I have mixed feelings about this issue. Having done this new internet dating thing for a while now there has been a few occassions when some woman 15-20 years my junior has wanted to persue a relationship and I couldn't go there. I projected into the future when I was 65-70 and had my knee replacement surgeries and was working on the hips wondering what life would be like for this woman and our relationship. There is that part of me that thinks it probably has a shelf life that ends before I do and Damn but, I am looking for a partner for the rest of my life.

It is true the Mother Earth Hippie image I grew to appreciate, back in the day as we were beginning this journey with Holly,Cris,Meg,Linda Tillery and so many more, has been transferred into the tight buns and physical fit woman image of today. There is this Stepford feel to it sometimes. But, my knees are gone and the women around me are looking for hiking,kayaking,mountain biking and sky diving partners. What? They are gorgeous, intelligent and spiritual. Damn! I just want someone to garden with and make love to after hot tubbing and giving or getting a massage, enjoying a glass of wine and comfortable, open conversation. LOL

I don't know the exact formula that attracts me to someone, anymore. As a college athlete it was other athletic women. Some were big and beautiful and others in the medium range. We had things in common so, that's part of the attraction. Has age made it more difficult from back then or have the times changed the formulas?

1 person likes this

I have always been attracted to older women. I have dated and had relationships with women my age or younger. I figured after you hit your 40's "older" is pretty much neglegible. It's the mindset from that point.

1 person likes this

Well, I am 55 yrs. young. Last year I dated a woman 30 yrs. old. She wanted to, I was reserved about it. The reason was as I quickly found out we had so little in common. I mean heck I was finishing up trade school and living in Fla. when she was born, I had lost my virginity 10 yrs. before she was born. Her tastes in music, literature, art and such were totally different than mine (and I have a very open mind to all things). I have some very dear friends that encouraged me to go for this gal. She is and was a terrific person. And my old friends are in an older/younger relationship for about 12 yrs now.

"Last year I dated a woman 30 yrs. old."

Hello Bigbike4.

I'm 63. Last year I could've dated a girl 35. That would've been almost half my age and I can tell you, I was scared to death. In the first place, and because of the major difference in our ages, I really don't believe that there would've been too much in common in the area of everyday interests. For me, it would have just been sex and I don't know if I could've kept up with someone old enough to be my daughter. AND THAT would've been in the back of my mind also. So, I followed my intuition and spurned her "signals" to me and chalked that one up to experience. Whether she was honestly attracted to me or to a butch will be something I will never know, but I hope the best for her..