no longer active member

"Check-In" from the Fat or Size-Positive Lesbians

61 posts in this topic

I agree, that as a whole, the lesbian community is a bit more accepting of different body types. Although, I have come across many that are just looking for the same barbie doll type that men are after. Maybe I just haven't been around enough 

I also love femme women, but I'm finding that most femme women are also into femme women, which I, so very obviously, am not. Sad. Though, again, I just may have not been around enough.

Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks

To Phoenix: Haha, I tried to IM you but no response. Anyways!! Just wanted to let you know that most women consider me femme and well... I LOVE my butchy studs! Trust me, there are plently of femmes out there who love a strong, stacked female. Just wanted to show you some love!

Knew there had to be some out there! Woo hoo!

Now, I just have to find some people who like trans folks.

have you all ever noticed how big breasted butch women wear their breasts in a different shape than femmes? Back when ,...they used to bind them down completely. I think some one should design undergarments just for them. Th femme boys wear special underwear to change their appearance. I wear a push up bra and a girdle if I need it. I can see it now butch briefs...and wife beater sports bras. God I love those butches.

Well, I bind myself. Completely and totally all the time unless my ribs hurt excruciatingly bad then I take a break. Of course, I do that because I don't want them and am just waiting for the op.

Of course, for those who don't want to bind completely, but do want more "control" so to speak, a new line could definitely work, good thinking Tracy.

Im not just your average girl with a little extra meat on her bones. Im fully a plus size girl and down right love it. Other than being *over weight* im healthy as could be. Vegetarian at that. Being a bbw for me, has just given me confidence. I love my ass, I love my tits. I love every curve my body has. But im not only attracted to women of my size. But larger women, I find more accepting of the size issue. When I am with a girl, all I ask is them to accept the way I am (which can sometimes be pretty difficult) cause I refuse to change my body to fit the publics standard… when I adore it just the way it is.

Im not just your average girl with a little extra meat on her bones. Im fully a plus size girl and down right love it. Other than being *over weight* im healthy as could be. Vegetarian at that. Being a bbw for me, has just given me confidence. I love my ass, I love my tits. I love every curve my body has. But im not only attracted to women of my size. But larger women, I find more accepting of the size issue. When I am with a girl, all I ask is them to accept the way I am (which can sometimes be pretty difficult) cause I refuse to change my body to fit the publics standard… when I adore it just the way it is.

I have to give you props, for having the confidence to say "This is how I am and I love it" Not many people can do that, and it's pretty sad. Makes me happy to know that someone out there can 

Finding a REAL plus size confident person is pretty hard to come by. Society has done such a good job when it comes to degrading us and making us feel like we CANT show off our body cause its not the *right size* I embrace it when I see a plus size woman with sleepless tops on, with short skirts showing their legs, or low cut tops. Makes my day just great!

Wow it is truly amazing to see that you beautiful women love and appreciate your beautiful curves. You go girls!!!!!! I have a wonderful hourglass figure that I keep toned but no way in hell will I ever try to be thin. I have great breast and a great ass that I DO NOT want to lose. I refuse to. Have you ever noticed that certain clothes look better on a woman with curves than it does on a woman who is stick thin? I bought a pair of Apple Bottom jeans (they're expensive but Merry Xmas and Happy Chanukkah to me  ) and there was a girl, she had to be no more than a size 2-4 who was trying on the same pair of jeans. She asked a group of people what they thought and a woman said "Sweetie, maybe if you had a little morepadding back there they'd look better on you but you may want to try Guess."

You are all beautiful women, don't doubt yourself for one minute. Now with that said anyone up for a trip to DC or NYC to check out some museums??? 

as long as you are healthy, i have no problems...

the sky opened and heaven smiled on me with this thread.. i am a beautiful voluptuous blond coming to terms with my post partum body... its been over a year and im finally coming back to the confidence i had before... but hey i wouldn't give up this nice rack or big booty for anything  seriously though pussy on a bigger woman taste better and this is a proven fact in my opinion ive been there i know lol... ok anyways i love the curves on a woman and what shows them better than that big exclaimation point that extra weight adds

I am a big girl 20/22 and I am confident about myself and love who I have become and love who I am. My opinion I feel if someone is bashing a bigger girl, they are jealous or just dislike themself. Anyone who bashes anyone for weight, is UGLY INSIDE AND OUT! Where I work at, I run into many shallow people who wouldn't give me the time of day, but yet will gawk at the younger thinner co-workers. That's fine by me, I just don't let them get to me. I KNOW I am beautiful inside and out, size isn't an issue to me either. Demmit, I need to post a pic...

as i am not anywhere small, weighing 245 at 5'10", small girls always made me think that if i ever got together with them that i would break them. that has always been a fear in the back of my head. like i should handle them like fine porceline

also, for some reason spinal tap's song 'big bottoms' always puts me in the mood

I'm a size twelve. I was a size 8 before I had kids and am almost back to a size 10. I used to be a size a twenty. I eat right and exercise, and maybe some people can be a size 5, but not all of us can. I think we should all take care of ourselves and be the size we are meant to be. I don't find women who are skeletal attractive. I like women with curves and a pretty face. What I mean are pretty eyes and a bright smile. I like women who exude an inner joy. I also agree with another post about the anthropology behind attraction. Another way of putting it is social darwinism. I really have enjoyed all the posts on this thread. The intent is not to dump on skinny people, but some of us are tired of skinny people rejecting us, making fun of us and thinking they are better than us. No one is better than anyone else just because of body type. It's what's inside that really matters.

Anna

im big.....ever since I can remember I have always been overweight......but yet everywere I go (not meaning to brag in any way) I have been told how "beautiful" i am or how "great" my smile and personality is. Like I literally get stopped in the middle of a store and someone tells me how pretty I am (usually old ladies but thats besides the point lol) (and I am most deffinatley not trying to brag at all, I hate conceeded people, I really do. so please dont think Im full of myself.) And all my friends always tell me never to "settle" beacause Im so "beautiful". So what do I do? Do I settle because "thin is in". Or do I just wait forever for just the girl Im looking for (and trust me Im not asking for much lol). I would be happy with any size girl as well....Im not picky.. although I do prefer butch for some reason....but Im always open to anyone.... I guess I just dont see why girls, or guys even (not that I care) cant see true beauty over size in anyone....and that could be really thin to. I dont know maybe Im crazy.lol. Wich I have been told also.haha

I just don't know........

sorry for the spelling errors, im tired.lol.

Hey just_katie, I don't think you're being conceited or full of yourself, you're just bringing to light that there are people out there who don't buy into the thinner is better notion in this country. I'm glad people are giving you props for being beautiful inside and out.

I'm not thin either... When I was at my smallest size and least weight, I was convinced that I was huge - even though my ribs were visible from across the room. In those times I dated men; I was always very self-conscious about my body and my size. I was busty even when scrawny, and am particularly so now.

The amazing thing (for me) was that when I accepted myself for who I am - lesbian and NEVER gonna be a size 4 - my body image issues went away.

My girl really appreciates that I'm comfortable with my body - that I know how to it to my advantage.

So kudos to you ladies out there that appreciate a woman with a little meat on her bones, and double kudos to you ladies out there who have that meat on your bones and embrace it. Flaunt those assets baby - and remember, the only size about you that matters is the size of your attitude and your amount of self-respect.

This thread has probably got to be one of the most reaffirming and positive things I have read in a long time. I've always been a big girl (between sz 14-18) and while sometimes I'm not exactly thrilled with the weight, I've learned to embrace it so much more as I've gotten older. I go to the gym a couple days a week to make sure I'm keeping my heart pumping, and I keep active.

But, if I stay this size forever, I'll be okay with that. 

When I first started looking for someone I was looking on craigslist. The number of post that are size specific have been a little discouraging. I don’t know why I thought women would be different.

I’m 240 and have lost about 70lbs in the last year or so. Actually fell in love with going to the gym then I got sick and didn’t feel like going to the gym and the money to pay for it was going to the doctor and it killed my momentum. Going to try and lose a bit more. I don’t believe all women were made to be thin and I’m growing confident in who I am at this size, but from the way my knees, back, and ankles feel I think I should be a little smaller otherwise I’m healthy and keep up with most of the guys I work with and do fine when I travel and spend hours site seeing. I’m wary of people who are looking for a specific size. If she’s into fat girls and I lose the weight, then what? Or I lose the weight and get with someone who’s into thin girls and then gain it back (which I’ve done several times) then what?

I am Jumbo-sized.  I can't tell you how much I weigh because I don't know. I haven't let the scale rule my life in a long time. (I don't allow the nurses to weigh me at the doctor's office either. Nothing I have ever gone to the doc for had anything to do with my weight, so it wasn't/isn't relevant.)

I've lost 50 pounds or more 3 times in my life and each time I ended up gaining it all back - PLUS more. Personally, I think dieting is the main reason we have jumbo-sized women.

Stop dieting unless you HONESTLY mean to change your eating habits for the rest of your life. This is why the diet industry is sooo rich. They know that the vast majority of people who diet cannot change the way they eat on a permanent basis.

So, you buy their diet pills, lose weight, gain it back, and then have to start all over again. So you buy their diet pills.....

Stop doing it, folks. Most people have a 'set-point'. The 'set-point' is a weight that your body maintains -with a small variance- naturally.

Once you diet, you destroy that natural set-point and it always resets at a higher weight.

~Love the skin you're in~

I love all sorts of women, but I have found that I am more aroused by women who are thicker with generous breasts. I especially am enticed by voluptuous Gothy women who wear bold make-up and fun clothes.

Now, I realize that I am a fan of large breasts, but I sometimes wonder if my appreciation of heavier women stems from overweight girls being my friends in high school. I am shy, so I don't seek out new friends very easily. It was the overweight girls who befriended me, and I was grateful and unbiased.

The odd part is, when I realized I was bisexual, and told my friends, they stopped being my friends. So, one would think that would make me subconsciously dislike heavier women, but that is not the case.

I suppose I'm really just a fan of glamourpusses, and love my women squishy! <3 But, as I said, I love all sorts of women, so I wouldn't turn down someone who was thin if they were sweet! 

Lastly, I wanted to say that scales are evil! LOL! Actually, growing up, I never cared about my weight, as it wasn't a problem. Once I started getting weighed for check-ups as an adult, I began to be conscious of my weight and it bothered me. Finally, I stopped weighing myself, and I'm happy with my shape again. I think it's more about mind over matter sometimes. If you think you're sexy, You ARE!!! 

I've always been pretty big myself, but I think that it's less about weight and more about the way you carry yourself. If you feel like a big old fat slob than you're going to look like one. If you say "bitch please! I'm a thick madame!' and you strut your stuff like you know you're beautiful than that essence will be what is portrayed when people look at you. Of course you have that percent of people who are shallow and can't look past it, but when it really comes down to it, even someone who is attracted to bigger girls will still see a fat slob if you act/feel/portray one.

Be happy in your skin. Be secure in your relationships. Stop stressing the weight. If you want to lose weight, do it for yourself.

In regard to comments earlier about falling into the stereotype of only liking thin women: Some people just find that body type appealing. The same way some people like big boobs and some like small.. etc... sometimes it's not a matter of stereotypes and men really... it's preference and what turns your cranks...

Im a thick woman as well and I love my curves and I love women with curves and nice breasts as well. There is nothing like snuggling up to a woman with some girth to her. THe feel and softness of those curves is delicious.

Hey Lise I would be down for a trip to DC hunny as Im here in NYC 

have always loved larger women though they never come my way, which makes me feel pathetic sometimes . i love to feel their soft and velvety skin on mine. am plump size L yet i love them large. its nt about the size of the body but the size of the heart and who is willing to love you the same way. like the saying large ladies are always happy and have a tender heart.

1 person likes this