no longer active member

Height

35 posts in this topic

I'm around 5'2", so it's not hard to find a girl taller than me. Most of my ex girlfriends have been taller than me and I don't mind it one bit. The only thing that sucks is not being able to reach things alot of people can. I get teased at work for it. xD

Too bad that height seems to be an issue for some.

I'm 5'3" and happy with, as long as I can see her eyes and touch her lips.

This is really not this part of the body I may be looking at 

I'm 5'5 and 1/2" and 135 (mostly muscle) and height is irrelevant to me. Though, I might cut off dating someone above 6’5” because I don’t think I want to look like a toddler next to them. 

I'm 5'11 and 320 lbs. so I tend to intimidate some. There is a irrational fear in the back of my mind that I might unintentionally hurt a smaller person. I would like to  be able to say that height is not an issue when considering a relationship with someone but because I take up so much space and tend to be stereotyped as a "big bear/momma/protector," I am really more attracted to someone who is as tall as and/or taller than me so there is more equality size wise. Does that make sense?

TALL AND BIG.png

1 person likes this

Geez, all of you are really tall compared to me! I'm 5 feet even. I expect my partner to be taller than me, every time. Hahaha! 

I agree, Sewonmyown. Being tall does pose some unique challenges. I too often come across as more aggressive because of my height, especially since I'm also an athlete and have that certain posture that we tend to have. I'm close to 5'9. I've been in some pretty awkward situations where women have expected me to be aggressive or a top .... Nope, not me. On the flip side, I have the same bias towards short women. I see them as less aggressive if they are more that three inches shorter than me. No matter how butch they are. (sigh) If we all could just get out of our heads....

5'8, and I feel the same as Sicca and Sewonmyown! However, it doesn't stop me from dating shorter women. ;)

5'11"  I like dancing with another tall girl or girls in heels.  I just feel too awkward otherwise.  If I dance with a guy they need to at least be as tall as me or it's extra odd.
  For dating, height isn't a driving factor for me.  Attractiveness is the sum of many things.  I suppose that is in there somewhere.

I've always been the tall girl. I remember feeling very insecure in grade school, because I was shooting up and developing faster than anyone else [the boob fairy whacked me pretty hard]. I've always been pretty sturdy [tall, wide hands and feet, chubby], and it was complete torture, because all I wanted to be was a normal sized, petite ballerina type. The image was stapled into my head, and even now, it's fairly hard to rip out. 

I still struggle with this, but not nearly as much, at least when it comes to height. I just have to come to accept that I just wasn't born to be a petite girl, haha!

I'm six foot tall. And to think of it, it never bothered me. I am who I am.  I don't  classify myself as 'tall' !just normal and everyone else is short (: