no longer active member

Any Writers Out There???

29 posts in this topic

I used to write a lot of short stories and fanfiction and have been thinking about writing a short story collection for Kindle users. All of my poems are strange and mostly comical. I do write for blogs and have penned some speeches and essays.

Add me to the list as well. I actually think everyone has a story or two to tell. It's unfortunate that not all of us tap into it, for free, cathartic counselling if nothing else. I mean if I can do it...

I write in a few different genres, but one thing I've been doing for several years is poetry for different occasions. I'm given a background and I tailor it to be read at whatever function is being held. Some are very fun to do, like retirement parties or older birthdays. Some not so much. I wrote one called, "A Message to My Daughter" for a funeral. It was read by a mother to her 14 year old who suddenly lost her father. Luckily, there are a lot more happy celebrations than sad.

It probably sounds lame, but it sure pays those proverbial bills!

2 people like this

I am self-published with a non-fiction book that I have sold as far as Europe. But... I have a film script that I wrote in college and worked on under the mentorship of the creative writing teachers. I have been waiting a few decades for a time to complete it into the stage of being film script ready for real film. My x partner and I were going to start doing film scripts together but we were in the midst of relationship issues for several years and then broke up. I am just waiting for a time I can work with film script writers/editors and move it into the professional stage and get it to a film director. I also have been waiting to have time to work on other film scripts as this was meant to be the first of a series.

I'm an avid writer but I suffer from frequent writers block. I published one short story on Smashwords under the pseudonym FataHime but I've since changed it to Ivy Waters though I've not been able to edit the story to reflect that change.