Are you single on Valentine's Day???

8 replies to this topic

• Members
  • 162 posts
I know it's a little early, but v-day will be here before we know it...Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone was going to be solo for v-day. I know I am as I have not met anyone I would like to spend the holiday with. How do you feel about v-day? Do you participate or consider it just another day of the week? :roll:

*I'm sure everyone has heard of the Vagina Monologues, but for those of you lovely ladies who have not I invite you to visit their website www.vday.org and check for performances in your area. They usually have one of V-day so if you have nothing to do go see the wonderful show*
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

• Members
  • 20 posts
I've never had a valentine. This year is different though, I finally have one! I know some people think it's just a Hallmark holiday, but I enjoy it. I think my valentine is going to be out of town on Valentine's day, but it's still nice to know she's there for me. :D
May women rule the world. - Kurt Cobain

• Members
  • 31 posts
This will be the first V-day in 8 years that I will be single. I'm quite looking forward to it. This will most likely be the first time I won't be disappointed by an un-romantic/insensitive lover.

I'm thinking about buying some long stem chocolate covered strawberries and hogging them all to myself. If I feel up to it, I may find someone sexy to share them with, but thats still up in the air. Playing cupid (with little wings and a halo :)) for my friends and co-workers sounds like fun, too.

• Members
  • 5 posts
I have a valentine, like I have for the last 6 years, but this is probably the 5th v-day in a row that I won't have sex. My current partner, whom I love, is not at all interested in sex. Sex, generally, isn't of interest to her. But it is of interest to me. I suppose it's why I'm looking for "extra-marital" affairs. I need challenging, exciting sex, and I'm so not getting it now!

But so, this v-day, I'll have a great dinner and a half-romantic evening, but no physical intimacy.

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 200 posts
my last valentine's day present was divorce papers. you know, a real bitter sweet deal. this year i am spending it with my kitty and two pups who love me no matter what

• Members
  • 65 posts
I'm ALWAYS single on Valentine's day. But, I don't mind. Being single is easier, in my opinion.

I like to call today, Single Awareness Day.

Also, I get to be with my puppy and kitty who love me too. So, they can be my Valentines.
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

• 200 posts
being single on valentine's day isn't what bothers me. the fact that my son just turned twelve and i am not able to visit or contact him bothers me. add to that, my father passed away on the 14. not a fun month at all.

hide and seek

• Members
  • 4 posts
i was single on valentines...i have never really done much on valentines >> i am still young and havent had many special relationships really... i would like to have someone to share it with next year though :D

• 200 posts
this valentine's day was probably the worst ever. am i stressed? did the the titanic spring a leak? it is pretty bad when my psych says she prefers me fighting in this time than anything else. arrgh! one step forward, three steps back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users