no longer active member

Introducing Yourself to Women Online

Hi, im fairly new to posting on this site but I do drop in once in a while to read some posts. I was just sitting here and I saw some pictures of some of the ladies that was posting. ALL ARE GORGEOUS! let me tell you, but I found myself thinking of maybe messaging them. Now I know thats what its for but how do you tell someone that you want to get to know them & one of the reasons is because you think their hott without seeming too straightforward or stalkish?

how do you tell someone that you want to get to know them & one of the reasons is because you think their hott without seeming too straightforward or stalkish?

While every woman is different and the popular internet phrase "your mileage may vary" (ymmv) pretty much applies to anything and everything, I still seriously doubt most members would be offended if you sent them a message telling them you thought they were hot, AS LONG AS it was otherwise respectful and considerate. 

As far as seeming too "straightforward," I'd imagine they would think you less so no matter what you said if your message to them and/or your profile and/or the other stuff you'd already posted here on the board already gave them useful and pertinent information about yourself FIRST. Meaning, don't ask someone to respond to anything at all you type without a significant chunk of something or other to respond TO with regard to yourself first, as the sender.

Don't ever ask or expect someone else to provide more info than you've already provided yourself upfront. You're doing the first contact, you "give" first, and provide upfront whatever you're asking for in advance. That's not anything ironclad, but it is some basic etiquette.

"Stalkish?" Our personal belief is that a stalker is someone who cannot take NO as an answer. If you send someone a message once or twice and they don't respond, move on to someone else. Also, obviously, if someone says they're not interested, move on. Otherwise . . . you're not a stalker, pretty much. 

Any additional questions welcomed.

This is true. It is dishearting when you don't get a reply at all but the best thing to do is move on. Though you may not be what that person is looking for you maybe just what another is looking for. The perfect person (or persons whichever you are focused on) for you is out there. I know how hard things can get but there are great parts to it too.

I don't really see a forum for people looking to be dating. New here, maybe just missing it. If there is, then it's expected to have someone show an interest - you know, I'd like to get to know you.  I question though if someone is posting about their dog, a show of interest might not be appropriate.

On June 24, 2016 at 0:29 AM, Arrooh said:

I don't really see a forum for people looking to be dating. New here, maybe just missing it. If there is, then it's expected to have someone show an interest - you know, I'd like to get to know you.  I question though if someone is posting about their dog, a show of interest might not be appropriate.

Hi there.  You know if you see a post you like, you can select their username or the headshot next to it, read their profile, and then you'd know what that person is looking for . . . right?  :)

Members that are open to dating are not segregated into only one separate forum.  Any post anywhere on the board could be from someone open to dating, or not.  You'd only need to read their profile to find out.  Then you'd know if they're open to dating or not (only interested in platonic interactions), and then you could (potentially) go from there.

As far as what's appropriate, there's a whole advice area for that already (see links below), but in short, if they say they're only interested in platonic interactions, then not so appropriate to show interest in anything past platonic.  But otherwise, definitely maybe.

2 people like this