no longer active member

What's your choice for fitness/exercise/physical diversion??

What's your choice of fitness or physical diversion?   17 members have voted

1. 1. What's your choice of fitness or physical diversion?

• running/jogging/track
    • Weightlifting/Gym
    • Rowing/crew
    • Martial arts
    • Yoga/ Tai Chi/ Meditation
    • Pilates
    • Swimming
    • Sports (baseball, football, soccer, etc etc)
    • Other (please specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine is Martial arts. I'm a big fan.....okay, so I'm obsessed with it  I've done Karate, Kajukenbo, Eskrima & Kali (Filipino martial arts), but my greatest passions are in Japanese swordsmanship, Tai Chi, and Japanese Archery. I used to jog alot, but I ended up with Plantar Fasciitis (ouch!)

So, what do ya'll do??? And how often?

No.....Sex is not considered an exercise option for this poll. LOL 

Join SHOWTIME Free Trial

I'm a die hard softball player. Nothing relieves the stress and tension more than getting out there and wacking at a few fast ones and running around the field and getting down and dirty. Game anyone?

i am a kali-silat player. i play with kettlebells, and it is a wonder i haven't broken anything on my body. the temptation to juggle them in one fashion or another is very tempting, especially when you get really comfortable with them. i cycle about 60-90 miles a week. and just for the sheer masochistic pleasure of it, i teach kali to a add/adhd kid.

I like walking in nature the best. However, yoga, tai chi, and belly dancing are enjoyable and beneficial for me.

While I've been restricted to walking and fusion bellydancing lately because of my schedule, I've always been a kickboxer at heart and practiced for nearly two years. Haven't practiced in one year though but I hope to refine my roundhouse kicks sometime this summer.

I enjoy walking outdoors and yoga too.

peop 180.JPG

I'm surprised bicycling didn't make it on the list. It's much more popular and accessible than rowing, Pilates, and martial arts.

I ride my bike to and from work almost everyday when it's not winter. Ithasd to be the best form of transportation in terms of maintaining health, being environmentally friendly and saving money on fuel and car maintenance.

I am all about lifting heavy things and then putting them back down, repeatedly. If there was a way for me to just do that everyday and still be well-balanced and healthy, I so would. 

I walk but I do so mostly as a means of getting from one place to another. That being said, I do walk a lot. I live downtown near the library and walk to work. My job itself is very physical, too. (No, librarians don't sit around reading all day!) I'm constantly on my feet moving books from one place to another, climbing on shelves, pushing carts, or otherwise engaging in some form of labor. Occasionally I stand and chat with a colleague about books or help a patron. Usually, though, I avoid people. I'm all about the books. I've got a shirt that reads I LIKE BOOKS MORE THAN PEOPLE. Lol. 

I enjoy outdoor/fitness walking and aqua aerobics classes.  I will usually join up to 5K races a year.  This year, I will be doing my 1st 10K in November in Vegas.

Power walking. I would wear 5 LB ankle weights, 2LB hand weights (like gloves, but with a weight within the palms), and find the hilliest spots I could & go as fast as I could. I'd do arm rolls as I went. Usually 4-6 kms. along the beach path, & then return home to do another 30 mins. on my Totalgym. I have to say, it's really the greatest machine if you want to tone/trim without worrying your joints.

Now, I'm trying to get back into walking since a car-totaling MVA a few years ago. Sciatic nerve damage remains as does physio for it. But, it may yet come good, who knows?

Other than that, I still ride my "vintage" Schwinn Continental 10 spd. I bought in 1978!

Cheers

My Schwinn Continental.JPG

Beachwalk.jpg

1 person likes this