no longer active member

Show Off Your Art- Tattoos

33 posts in this topic

Tattoos, to me, are like the ultimate form of body art expression.. and I plan on getting my first one this December.

pr.jpg

The above is what I hope to get tatted on the inside of my right wrist, just below the palm of my hand. It'll hurt, but it'll be well worth it..

Anyone else out there got a tat story, or maybe you're hoping to get one soon, or you just wanna show off.. please, feel free to do so. lol I'm sure lots of you beautiful women on the site have some tats.. I'd love to see 'em, if you'd love to share.. :D

<3K

1 person likes this

I plan on eventually getting one on my shoulder. It's going to have my brother's full name in lettering similar to the tattoo above, a small image of him underneath (I still need to pick out the picture) and his date of birth and date of death.

I might get one or two more, but I don't have any ideas for those yet.

1 person likes this

thats awesome, Jagdflieger. im sorry for your loss tho, babe..

yeah, i personally love the gothic style print. it's hot.

now c'mon ladies. i know there's more of you out there that have are interested in tats.. or at least have something to say about 'em..

<3K

1 person likes this

Thanks.

I also love the gothic lettering, as did my brother. If I tend up becoming fluent in Russian (I'm hoping I do), I want to get something in that tattooed somewhere. I'm already considering a few German phrases. I'm a language junkie. 

sweet. i heart junkies!  lol i took german for 3 years in high school..

but, by no means am i fluent in it.. i actually kinda sucked in that class, except for the first year. (first year's always easy) haha

it was cool tho. i still remember a few things. what phrases are you considering?

<3K

I only took two years of German, but everyone in the class asked me for answers. I used to walk around in German military surplus attire, so some of the people would say, "She already knows this stuff, she's German!" Technically yes, but none of my living relatives speak it.

I was thinking of getting one on my back or somewhere in that area in Old German lettering that says "Meine Ehre heisst treue" or "My honor holds true," if you loosely translate it.

As far as Russian is concerned, I'm not entirely sure yet.

yeah lol thats kinda how it was for my good friend kyle, minus the German surplus military attire.. haha he's fluent in German, French, Spanish, and Italian.. it's effin crazy. he's goin to Rutgers University in NJ to major in linguistics.

nice choice tho.. sounds very.. "honor-ish". lol whatever that means..

<3K

I'm also thinking of getting a trident that was a symbol of the Ukrainian Nationalist Movement. [Are the historical references killing you yet?] It's quite possible that Ukraine is going to be my adopted country when I retire from the military, so that would be a tribute to it.

haha nah i think its cool that you know what you want.. whether it be historical or completely fictional, its alllllll good 

so you're in the military? thats awesome. a couple of friends of mine are in the marines.. actually one got kicked out lol so that makes one. i miss him..  but he'll be back from iraq in october. i pray that he will, anyway..

blah skrew all this sadness.. so any other interesting ideas about tats?

I haven't signed anything yet, but I'm hoping for Air Force. In the midst of getting in shape for boot camp.

I'm a budding WWII aviation junkie on top of the languages, so I may get something related to that. Yeah. So little money, so many ideas. 

hahaha you tell it sista!

yeah.. ive been thinking about getting the initials of my ex on the inside of my left wrist.. but thats all i got lol

Why are you considering that? I'd think someone would want something more personal than someone else's initials. At least that's my take.

I can't believe only two people are chatting up tatty ideas... 

I myself have 4. A few more ideas are being kicked around in my head. I got my first when I was 19, and you know how everyone says it's an instand addiction? They lied. I didn't become addicted until about 2 years later when I was going in every few weeks to do a large piece for my second tatty. After that it was all downhill.

So a list of my tats, in order of appearance (working on getting decent pics to show you)

1) small angel wings between my shoulder blades

2) large devil's tail that starts just above my tailbone and works itself 1/3 of the way down my thigh

3) an armband with the Superman symbol in it on my left arm

4) a black stylized rose with the stem winding it's way down my arm to my wrist.

The rose is the outline for an eventual sleeve, but finances dictate that I won't get any more work done on that any time soon. I'm hoping to put a phoenix on there.... but not certain yet. And I refuse to get anything inked until I am certain.

i got my first tattoo this past spring. it is on my left shoulder...tribal sun with three triquetras inside it. i love it and am planning my second tat now.

truestorm

Why thank you for the compliment on the tattoo. As far as artists go, do you mean the tattoo artist, or the person who designed the faerie in the first place?

The tattoo artist was a local guy here in Baton Rouge, and I've since forgotten his name (it's been 3 years since I got the tattoo). Though, I should have kept up with his card, because I definitely want to go back to him for the second one.

Amy Brown designed the original artwork. "Bubble Rider" was the name of the peice, I believe. Heh, I actually had the guy scan a copy of my car's air freshener, since that's all I had with it on it.

It's still fun to hear, "HEY! I've got your tattoo as an air freshener in my car!"

Meant either/or, didn't know they were two different peeps.

But . . . your tattoo design was previously featured on an AIR FRESHENER? :)

I've never seen any air freshener that looked even in the ballpark of anything that interesting. Did your tattooist improve the design, or does it really look just like it? But I'm not so big on air fresheners, I'm more down with candles and incense. :) Still, if some are that interesting, maybe I'd reconsider. You either get your air fresheners at a much more interesting place than I'm currently aware of, or I'm just way out of touch with what's goin' on in the Land of Air Fresheners these days.

Just out of curiosity, can you describe the scent of that particular one? I'm hoping not Pine or Pina Colada . . .

Yes, an air freshener! Y'know, one of those generic, square-shaped things you hang from your rear-view mirror in your car? I think it was puchased at Hot Topic years and years ago as a way to fuel my faerie obsession.

Though, you sure do make it sound really bad! *laughs* The inspiration was all Amy Brown and her amazing artwork, I just got lucky enough to have my favorite peice featured on a $1.99 scented peice of cardboard.

The coloring was a bit different, actually. But it's the same basic design. I wanted to stay true to Amy Brown's original artwork and this guy did an amazing job of doing that for me!

And as far as the scent goes, I actually don't remember. I don't use air freshners in my car all that much either, with the exception of my scented rainbow leigh! Yay for being leighed in my car!

Well . . . I didn't mean to make it sound all THAT bad, although I must confess to some previous distaste involving air fresheners. But it's not at ALL about what they look like, more an annoying artificial smell. I'd usually prefer a bad smell to something that smells like it was manufactured at one of those labs in New Jersey. But if the lab did it well enough . . . who can say? :)

I remain amazed that that artwork was featured on an air freshener, but I DO think your tattooist improved it. I actually think the totally blue and black representation is much more elegant and tasteful and ultimately iconographic that that which you shared as the original.

I don't know what you mean by "my rainbow scented leigh." ?? I like the images you shared for your intended future tattoo, and yeah, you should DEFINITELY check it out first. I've often wondered if those kanji peeps might be having a good laugh on everyone else. "Szechuan Beef" or "Twice-Fried Shrimp" might be other possibilities you should investigate. Heh.

But whatever you do, if you find out your faerie scented cardboard previously whiffed off some Pine or Pina Colada, please do NOT let me know. (Well, this is Robin (one of those who run lesbotronic), but I'd say we all need to maintain at least a FEW illusions.) If you said it was one of those scents . . . it might hurt us. Maybe even mortally. Don't do that.

If I remember correctly, it was a general floral scent, but to be honest, I just wanted the artwork, and not neccessarily the scent. Though if I get flashbacks of pine or Pina Colada, I'll make sure to keep that information to myself! Mortal Danger won't look good on my resume.

Oh, and I wonder what the symbol for "Rice Noodle" is. That would be an interesting story.

Reading this made me realize I don't have any good pictures of my tattoos! LOL!

My first one is of a female/Venus symbol with another female symbol inside the circle part upsidedown, and a crescent moon inside the circle part, too. (The points are "sharp", meaning pointy, not clear.) It's centered beneath my bustline. The only picture I can think of that you can see it in is... This cosplay picture... *Blushes* *^_^*

SSF1881.jpg

My other tattoo is of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, on my hip. However, I am not happy with how it turned out, so when I find a new design I really want (that can cover it), it will go there.

I'd like to see more pictures of other people's tattoos! :D

This is my back...:)

tats.jpg

Here's mine--I'm planning on more like this on my arms and legs, and a big piece on my front that I haven't quite decided on yet.

IMG_0951.jpg

1 person likes this

(edited)

I am very proud of my sexuality and got tired of ppl saying that I couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted. So I decided to let the world know that I know exactly what I want. I have love enough in me for both worlds. Why should I choose one or the other when I don't feel more for either or the other.

It is the rainbow colors and I am very proud of it.

I also have a another on my lower back. My trampstamp so to speak. I do plan on getting another as soon as fiances allow.

post-37975-0-20963000-1331565732_thumb.j

Edited by JenHammack

I got my first tattoo a few weeks after my dad passed away in July 2010.

wolfy.jpg

And I got this one last year around October.

Photo1548.jpg

I love them both. I want to get a ladybird on my foot next. Or my nephew's name on my wrist below my thumb.

2 people like this

I have just one tattoo but its pretty big. Its the wings on Mila Kunis's back from the film Black Swan. At first they had a different meaning, but now they are a reminder of my very first ever lesbian crush (where I first began to question my sexuality) on the girl who did it for me