lesbotronic

What = Attractive?

What = Attractive?   138 members have voted

1. 1. What = Attractive?

• open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives
    • reads actual books
    • polite, considerate, civil
    • interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc.
    • possesses a practical skill
    • plays a sport
    • politically aware, votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

The last time we asked something similar, many said stuff like:

1. physical appeal (whatever that meant for them)

2. sexual compatibility (again, whatever that meant for them)

3. no frequent substance abuse (somewhat less subjective, but still individually and variously defined)

We think it's a given that most want to spend time with those they consider physically appealing and sexually compatible. And many also prefer peeps about as sober as they are (again, whatever that means for them).

So to make this more interesting, let's assume we're already referring to hypothetical peeps you find pleasant along the lines of the list of 3 above.

So for a longer-term relationship of any variety . . . what ELSE do you find attractive?

We'll start, but if others respond with interesting stuff, we'll put that in the poll too. You can pick as many as you like for this poll.

1. open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives

Actual traveling is entirely optional, because that usually requires a lot of time and money that many don't have to spare, especially lately. But at a minimum, willingness to visit a museum, sample cuisine from different countries, and watch documentaries and movies with subtitles.

2. reads actual books

3. polite, considerate, civil

You care about the impact of your words and actions, and you try to do a good job whenever reasonably possible. Yes, even on the internet. Maybe even MORE on the internet. How you behave when you think you're not required to be decent is even more who you really are.

4. interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc.

Just to clarify, we're not judging anyone else for their dietary choices. Unfortunately, we like junk food. But we're also determined to eat more healthfully, and if you keep munching cheesy nachos right in front of us, we're going to want some too. The intentions are good, but the will can be weak! Ack!

5. possesses a practical skill

We mean like, cooking, carpentry, auto maintenance, computer programming, etc. Women who know how to DO stuff get our motors running.

6. plays a sport

Not exactly necessary (unless you're looking for someone to join your team), but women with balls are just sexy (double entendre = yes, deal with it).

7. politically aware, votes

Many have said that if you can't be bothered to vote, you also gave up your right to complain. Yup, totally.

What else? Do tell.

It’s hard to not to check all the boxes of this poll… I reduced my choice to two, and chose the openness to other cultures and the possession of a practical skill.

Being a great traveller whenever I can, I enjoy meeting women with the same interest in learning about other cultures, learning languages, and I value intellectual and cultural curiosity.

Regarding the second point, possessing a practical skill implies passion, determination, patience, persistence, which are all qualities that I find quite enticing.

I think I find strong personalities attractive. Women who know what they want and go for it usually catch my attention.

2 people like this

I feel bad, because I voted for all of the above. That's not going to show which ones matter, because to me, all of those things are the most attractive traits about anyone.

2 people like this

Duhhh! I voted once! I think respect is one of the most important values. Stay polite, considarating others and be civilized. If I can achieve that, I would probably be a better person. When I look to other people, the overall respect is maybe to most important turn on to me :blushing: 

2 people like this

I wanted to check so many... but the "open to new perspectives" and "reads actual books" are on the top of my list. 

I would say a person's self awareness and complete or slight confidence in themselves is attractive.

3 people like this

I think that intelligence, open-mindedness, and the willingness to listen are attractive in a woman.

3 people like this

I like smart girls that play sports, so this poll was perfect for me.

1 person likes this

Oh gosh, I voted for four things. Being open to experiencing other cultures, reading actual books, being polite and considerate, and being interested in healthier foods are all great things, and ones that would definitely add to a person's attractiveness for me.

I think being politically active is important, but it's not necessarily something that I would consider attractive.

1 person likes this

I have always loved a woman who likes to read. They don't need to read as often as I do but at least knows what an actual hardcover or paperback book is and knows how to skim an actual newspaper. I also love women who have common sense and good judgment. That list above was just hard to pick one thing lol.

I think for myself, they are all needed.

Nothing is more attractive to me than a lady who can stimulate my mind. That can be done in many capacities but does require intellect.

3 people like this

I think a woman who is open to perspectives and cultures other than her own is extremely attractive. And if she's polite, considerate, civil AND well read? That's what I call total package material!

2 people like this

Well said! She sounds beautiful!

Hopefully, she has many sisters!

1 person likes this

I voted for two, but wanted to slightly modify both of them slightly.

The first one is 'open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives'. The change I would like to see is "open to engaging with other cultures and perspectives". I don't want a tourist, but someone who is actually receptive of ideas and points of view that are not the dominant ones in her way of interacting with the world.

The second one is "politically aware, votes". I, once again, prefer, politically engaged. I think it is a matter of passively knowledgeable of political issues vs. knowing about them and actually doing something. Knowledge without action is, in my opinion, not useful. This does not mean voting necessarily though. I think there are other ways of having a political say in our society.

2 people like this

I'm a lit major, I couldn't be with a woman who doesn't read!

I would have to say that I enjoy those who are open to new experiences, reads books, polite, respectful, and health conscience.

I chose open to other cultures/perspectives and being polite, civil, and considerate as the most attractive. There, to me, is nothing that is more a "turn-off" than someone who is judgmental, disrespectful, brash, and impolite.

2 people like this

We should be open to meet people from different race and culture. peace love and happiness always!

1 person likes this

To me there is nothing more attractive than a woman who carries herself respectfully. Looks things we may or may not have in common doesnt matter when things really count for the long haul. A woman that doesnt expose her jealousy, temperment, doesnt publicly argue, doesnt cheat etc....to me is an attractive woman.

1 person likes this

I could really not care much less about playing sports. Being active is attractive  though especially  if it helps me be more active. Aside from that I look for all of these qualities  not just in a potential  love match but in platonic relationships. The more of these qualities  a person has the more we can get along over all and the better we communicate  in my experience.

I know a lot of these things seem superficial  to some but really to me at least they provide a glimpse into that person's  mind. I'm very  sapiosexual so the way a person thinks is one of the first things I want to know.  Of course  how a person thinks also sheds light on their personality overall and if the personality  sucks that person is automatically  ugly to me. 

Maybe my way of thinking  makes me naïve... Am I the only one that truly believes that inner beauty  is more important? I guess this is where my demisexuality comes into play. Ignoring the physical  until I get to know someone. I still have my preferences but sometimes my preferences  don't matter at all. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2012 at 7:34 PM, lesbotronic said:

The last time we asked something similar, many said stuff like:

1. physical appeal (whatever that meant for them)

2. sexual compatibility (again, whatever that meant for them)

3. no frequent substance abuse (somewhat less subjective, but still individually and variously defined)

We think it's a given that most want to spend time with those they consider physically appealing and sexually compatible. And many also prefer peeps about as sober as they are (again, whatever that means for them).

So to make this more interesting, let's assume we're already referring to hypothetical peeps you find pleasant along the lines of the list of 3 above.

So for a longer-term relationship of any variety . . . what ELSE do you find attractive?

High IQs who make me laugh pretty much have my heart. A smart, serious woman will always get my attention; but when she suddenly says something that makes me laugh my ass off, that's the clincher.

What I find attractive is when someone improves your outlook on life through knowing you. Not exactly a teacher, but maybe a person who has enough backbone and intelligence to say, "I see what you are saying. I disagree and here's why..." That little nod of respect for other people along with the ability to describe a new point of view? Sold! Even if we aren't compatible romantically, I'm certainly willing to be your friend at that point.

Also attractive is an easy smile. That may sound like a physical trait or perhaps a learned social trait. What it means to me is that you are more likely to see the positive aspects of life.

Lastly, I think I'd like to add that women who are centered and confident in themselves is like catnip for this kitty. Independence is sexy.

1 person likes this

I chose the first and Last. Like others before me pointed out someone willing to experience new things and be out of comfort zone is very attractive. On Politically aware that's also a biggie to me me because it show she has a sense of beyond herself. The voting part I kind of Eh on but participation in politics is Cool. Especially with all sorts of rights being yanked out from women in the south. So the combination is Just A one. I'd love to meet that woman.

1 person likes this

I chose openness to other cultures and perspectives, reads actual books, polite, interested in healthy foods, and votes. These are qualities I attempt to cultivate in myself and would look for in others. I think that openness to other cultures, perspectives, religions, and worldviews signals a willingness to look beyond the parochial concerns of one's own paradigm to enter into another's. Reading actual books I deem essential b/c I'm a librarian. I simply couldn't fathom anyone who didn't read. I would want someone who took an interest being healthy. And, lastly, I think that voting and being politically informed is one of the duties of being a citizen and especially critical for women, nonbinary genders and LGBTQ folk.

1 person likes this