lesbotronic

What = Attractive?

What = Attractive?   226 members have voted

1. 1. What = Attractive?

• open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives
    • reads actual books
    • polite, considerate, civil
    • interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc.
    • possesses a practical skill
    • plays a sport
    • politically aware, votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

I was happily surprised by the results of this topic. More than 2/3 of respondents rate 1-3 as attractive. To recap the top 3, they are: 

1. open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives (24%)

2. reads actual books (20%)

3. polite, considerate, civil (23%)

I thought all of the items listed were important but thought all of the top 3 were important. What surprised me was that #3 was ranked so high. This is so important. I'm happy to know that lb has it's pulse on this and that so many women also find this attractive. Yea, let's hear it for NICE!!

4 people like this

I chose all but three (sports, food, and actual books). Acceptance of others and circumstances, reading anything other than a phone, enjoying food rather than restricting, self-awareness, integrity, personal power, and a sarcastic sense of humor are among many things that are attractive in a person.

1 person likes this

I chose Openness to other cultures, Reading actual books and Politeness. If you play sports or have certain skills, thats great. I dont much care for politics, but I love hearing others' beliefs. I gotta say though, something about intelligence is so sexy to me.

2 people like this

I chose open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives, reads actual books, polite, considerate, civil, interested in healthier food, fresh veggies, less processed, etc.

A person who is open to other cultures and perspectives shows that they are not close minded and are tolerant of others. I find it very attractive when I see a woman reading because you don't see many people reading these days. I'm an avid reader myself and it takes a lot of patience and focus to read an entire book. A health conscious person cares about their body and health and and they are more likely to keep up with with outdoor activities. 

2 people like this

This was a hard one most of these are very attractive.  Im not real concerned with eating healthy but I wouldn't mind seeing someone who eats healthier than I do.  Maybe I would learn a thing or two.  I love to read, I am ravenous when it comes to books.  All kinds of books.  I love the classics and new authors as well.  So being able to have an intelligient conversation about literature would be amazing. Being polite and considerate is just plain ole good manners and I was raised to have good manners.  These are all amazing qualities and would be very attractive in a friend.

1 person likes this

What I see as attractive is a person who's inner beauty is at such a high vibratory frequency that it radiates from them without even ever speaking a word. That's powerful! Im drawn to that . 

1 person likes this

Who came up with this list? These qualities might keep you in a relationship but they sure won't attract you to anyone. Wait.... don't tell me that I'm the only shallow person on this site. My list would have included physical preferences and confidence. If there's no physical attraction then there's no relationship. And if the person seems uncomfortable in her own skin I'm out. Can anyone else relate to this or are we gonna stick with this inside beauty and well rounded malarkey?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Sicca said:

Who came up with this list? These qualities might keep you in a relationship but they sure won't attract you to anyone. 

Repeating the first several lines from our initial post when we started this "What = Attractive?" thread (we're quoting ourselves below):

"The last time we asked something similar, many said stuff like:

1. physical appeal (whatever that meant for them)

2. sexual compatibility (again, whatever that meant for them)

3. no frequent substance abuse (somewhat less subjective, but still individually and variously defined)

We think it's a given that most want to spend time with those they consider physically appealing and sexually compatible. And many also prefer peeps about as sober as they are (again, whatever that means for them).

So to make this more interesting, let's assume we're already referring to hypothetical peeps you find pleasant along the lines of the list of 3 above.

So for a longer-term relationship of any variety . . . what ELSE do you find attractive?"

So the list of poll options is still the ELSE referred to above.

LOL.. Gotcha.

" people who are attracted to you won't necessarily be by your side forever but people who see how beautiful your heart is will never leave you"

4 people like this

Reina said:

I would say a person's self awareness and complete or slight confidence in themselves is attractive.

this exactly

I think that many of the choices offered in the poll would be attractive.  But then that would equal a fairly balanced individual.  

Any woman that's got enough patience to deal with me is good enough. Haha

Honestly a kindhearted, free spirited, open-minded lady would be enough for me...preferably one that won't try to rob me of my finances. :) 

1 person likes this

As others have said, it was difficult to narrow it down. The top 3 on the list would be the main ones for me (open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives, reads actual books, and polite/considerate/civil. In addition to that, things I really value are intelligence, passion (this can be a hobby, a cause, life in general, etc.), independence, and confidence.

2 people like this

I picked open to experiencing other cultures and perspectives, partly because my Bachelor's degree was in Cultural Anthropology and so tolerance and embrace of different cultures is very important to me. 2. Reads actual books because I'm an avid reader myself and it's nice to find someone with similar interests so you have things to actually talk about with someone (it also doesn't hurt that I'm a fantasy writer and could find fresh victims to subject to my books ^_~ ). And naturally polite, considerate and civil because I try my best to be those things myself (even though in certain company these days (like say, people who supported, and voted for one particularly vile candidate that sadly is going to be in charge of our country in a few weeks....:( makes it very challenging to be civil sometimes). I also rated healthy eating as a positive trait because I committed at the beginning of last year to finally make good lifestyle changes to my diet and incorporating exercise to start the process of becoming a healthier me. So far it's paid off...since January I've lost over 100 pounds. I'm still not at my goal, but I'm going to keep at it until I get there ^_^

As for other things that are attractive to me in a person...definitely they have to have a sense of humor. I'm snarky, more than a little sarcastic and have a touch of perverted, occasionally gallows humor. Plus being able to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too seriously is a good trait to have. People who share some of my interests is a huge bonus. I'm a Grade A nerd who likes writing, animals, gardening, cooking, tea, reading, RPGs, computer games and fantasy/horror in general, so meeting someone I can geek out with would be great XD I'm also a crafter who likes to dabble in jewelry-making and soap making, and am expanding into fairy houses/dolls/gardens/furniture ect. Me and my two best friends are currently trying to get our business off the ground along those lines too.

Another must is they have to love animals. I often say I like animals better than people, and someone who doesn't like animals or doesn't want pets is an automatic deal-breaker. My only other hard and fast deal-breaker is cigarette smoking, mainly because I honestly *am* allergic to one of the many chemicals contained in the things. If I get exposed to more than a breath or two of second hand smoke I get upper respiratory infections, and as much as I might otherwise like the person, being constantly ill would be very depressing XD 

1 person likes this

I consider myself a jack of all trades; therefore, multiple checks! Basically, as someone else said, if she can put up with me, that's the attractiveness, haha.

I think I'm a bit of a sapiosexual and to an extent demisexual? Like I am not physically attracted like "hot dang!" to many people at all from the off but if I get a strong emotional bond with someone or if they are intimidatingly smart then they will suddenly seem like sex on legs.

2 people like this

For me, maturity, definitely. Immaturity is a huge turn off.

Actually reads books was my choice; I can talk someone's ear off about different books, it is very enticing when the conversation isn't one-sided.