no longer active member

Lesbian Scifi/fantasy

So this might be here already and i just don't see it, but i recently got a kindle, and I'm mostly a fantasy, cool-hero-goes-on-awesome-quest-and-such-books girl. But being a lesbian, i'd rather the hero be a woman, and her lady love also (obviously) be a woman. All i can find on kindle in the lesbian fantasy genre is erotica. not quite the same thing.. Anyone have any suggestions for what i should read?

You have just given me the kick-up-the-pants I need to finish the story I'm writing. A fantasy novel with a female lead, who's in love with a woman. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for starting this thread & the subsequent link.

Scifi/fantasy is my favorite genre & I didn't even know books w/ queer heroines existed!

Have you checked out True Nature by Jae? Its a shapeshifter book and there is a few short stories that follows and a second book as well. There might end up being a 3rd book to it according to the author. There's also a new series I just started about lesbian werewolves called "Heart of the Pack" by Jenny Frame. Don't know if that helped or not

Radclyffe ( writing under the name LL Raand) has a werewolf/vampire series - The Midnight Hunters. There tends to be a lot of erotica mixed in with every story she writes so if your really opposed to that you may want to skip this one. 

SY Thompson - Under the Midnight Cloak is the first book in another were series, although the main characters are panthers - not wolves.

Linda Kay Silva wrote the Echo Branson Series which features a whole cast of human characters with super natural powers. (empaths, necromancers, animists, shamans, telepaths, telekinetics, pyros)

Hell's Belle by Marie Castle (book 1 of the Dark Mirror series) features a demon hunting witch.

Gill McKnight also has a werewolf series - The Garoul Series.

Meghan O'Brien - Wild. Again with a werewolf theme.

I'm working on a novel right now with strong female lead and strong female second.

With luck I should have it done early next year.