Mirabelfox

Yet To Find Love...

when u get into a group, you have different ideas on meeting true love or someone that just wants to flirt or be just a mutual friend. but it gets hurtin when u dnt get to find anyone to chat wit, share your fantasies wit, tell your heart to and also when ur unable to get friends around you to chile wit or go shoping wit especially when your in a new area. your in a new area you depend on your dating group wit time you get a friend around ur area,as the days roll, u get sick out of boredom. pls i need a soul sister in or around august for a serious relationship or any form of relationship. tanx

If you're going to be talking to people online, it helps if you know the language and are able to properly use it, like by spelling words in their entirety and using capital letters. If you don't, then people will think less of you, like that you are uneducated or that you simply don't care enough to actually put any sort of an effort into talking to them, that they don't matter enough to even bother trying.
English is a hard language, yes, but spelling words properly goes a long way (sounding them out can help) and using capital letters, at least at the beginning of sentences, also helps.

Venellian said:

If you're going to be talking to people online, it helps if you know the language and are able to properly use it, like by spelling words in their entirety and using capital letters. If you don't, then people will think less of you, like that you are uneducated or that you simply don't care enough to actually put any sort of an effort into talking to them, that they don't matter enough to even bother trying.
English is a hard language, yes, but spelling words properly goes a long way (sounding them out can help) and using capital letters, at least at the beginning of sentences, also helps.

First of all, you use commas incorrectly.
Secondly, capitalizing the first letter of the first word of each sentence is a custom, not a grammatical imperative. Grammatically, it's arbitrary. An educated person would know that. The ancient Greeks wrote entirely in capital letters with no spacing or punctuation; and they figured out the Fibonacci Sequence and used the word "atom" correctly. Spelling is largely arbitrary, as well; which anyone whose made even a rudimentary study of etymology would know.
Most pressingly, why on earth would you answer a stranger's call for a friend by publically humiliating her, without any provocation, about something as insignificant a customary grammar (which you care so little about, you don't employ it yourself - hey Madam-Run-On-Sentence, ever heard of a semicolon?) What did that benefit you? To run her off - this person in a new place who just wanted someone to relate to? How miserable a creature are you that reading a call for companionship would inspire such a petty attack on this woman? If someone isn't friendship material for you, the thing to do is leave them be. This person is looking for someone who is friendship or relationship material for her. It ain't about you. Lots of things aren't about you. When something isn't about you, take a seat. And btw, I get you now.

Another important thing to keep in mind is to be constructive; don't put someone down just because you disagree with them, because those are the kinds of things that lead to people keeping themselves shut away from the world and, in extreme cases, to suicide.
People don't tend to like to be told that they are wrong, so it's a topic to approach with caution and care.

That's excellent advice. You should take it.

I wasn't the one who started to be hostile. A person wanted advice and so I gave it, simple as that.
I don't do the whole "subtle insult" thing, especially over text; if text had tone, then that would make things a lot easier.

reread. she wasn't asking for advice. she was asking for a friend. if that's not you, you can either leave her be or be nice. I promise neither is hard.

It looked to me, and it still does, that she's looking for help in finding such a friend.