channeil

Uk?

Hey!

I was wondering if there was anybody from the UK here? There seems to be a lot of Americans, which isn't a problem but it would be nice to chat to people closer to home. 

Hey I'm from the UK! London to be more precise. How about you?

UK here! I'm in Southampton. Sadly, I think my odds of meeting anyone here within easy commute distance are somewhat low...

I'm Somerset :*

Bristol! :)

Billericay, Essex :-)

Oldbury 

Hi!

Sheffield calling....hear are my scores for Sweden.....

Sorry, wrong programme, head mashed with referendum and can't decide if it's ok to go to bed tonight or if I need to stay up....

How are you doing channeil?

notbergman said:

Hi!

Sheffield calling....hear are my scores for Sweden.....

Sorry, wrong programme, head mashed with referendum and can't decide if it's ok to go to bed tonight or if I need to stay up....

How are you doing channeil?

Sorry to barge in (Texas here). I'm watching it, too; and I'm curious as to the local view.

Here in Washington State I've been hearing about the Brexit vote all day. I find it interesting that the BBC is forbidden by law to report happenings related to the poll that may in any way influence voters.

US stock markets jumped today, many believe it is a response to the expectation that Brexit will be shot down. However, as of right now, half past midnight in the UK, with over 93% reporting, it is 52% in favor of leaving the EU and 48% wanting to remain.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a good day to buy if investor projections turn out to be wrong. I'll try not to hold my breath. In fact I'm going to go to sleep now. Good night!

1 person likes this

Good morning from an 'Independent Britain' - Brexit won. Really can't believe what I've woken up to.

Looks like I'll have to move to Scotland once they've voted to leave UK and re-joined EU!!!!! Pound crashed against the Dollar due to fears of instability of the market.

I'm so sad the Xenophobic inward looking voters have taken us back to being a small island. I'm beyond words........

2 people like this

Crap. I suppose there's never a good time for economic instability. Thank you both. I can't news junkie all night, so I'm mightily resisting the compulsion to go to the living room (where I have cable) and turn on the television.
@notbergman is there good reason to believe Scotland will and can do that? Not a challenge; an earnest question - I truly don't know.

Hi Dani!

Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish Leader) has already said the result is unconstitutional on Scotland - being taken out of EU by England and Wales, so it would allow new referendum for Scotland to leave UK then apply to EU in own right. They are even suggesting this could be in place before UK sorts final exit so they don't spend even a day outside of EU.

Northern Ireland also looking at possibility to join Republic of Ireland so can stay in EU - will mean they need a border control across Ireland otherwise!!!!

Poor old Gibraltar (The Rock) voted 90%+ to remain and have been taken out - Gibraltar is joined to Spain and they've said there considering closing the border......

This is just starting - it will be years of instability.....the young and graduates voted to stay. We have taken a massive lurch to the Right politically. No wonder Trump thinks we've done the right thing - it could have been one of his policies.

So sorry to rattle on - I'm still trying to process it all.

xx

1 person likes this

notbergman said:

Hi Dani!

Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish Leader) has already said the result is unconstitutional on Scotland - being taken out of EU by England and Wales, so it would allow new referendum for Scotland to leave UK then apply to EU in own right. They are even suggesting this could be in place before UK sorts final exit so they don't spend even a day outside of EU.

Northern Ireland also looking at possibility to join Republic of Ireland so can stay in EU - will mean they need a border control across Ireland otherwise!!!!

Poor old Gibraltar (The Rock) voted 90%+ to remain and have been taken out - Gibraltar is joined to Spain and they've said there considering closing the border......

This is just starting - it will be years of instability.....the young and graduates voted to stay. We have taken a massive lurch to the Right politically. No wonder Trump thinks we've done the right thing - it could have been one of his policies.

So sorry to rattle on - I'm still trying to process it all.

xx

Thank you for the local viewpoint. It's always more informative to hear arguments of those involved than a summary on the news.

west lancs here, closest to wigan i guess :)

Hi to everyone

Hi... Think I might be the only one from Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire on this site but that's fine by me. I am not bothered in the slightest that this site is full of Americans. It gives me the opportunity to talk to someone from a different country, different background and not to mention the accent is hypnotising!

A big hello to everyone :-D

1 person likes this

I'm in Cardiff, South Wales. Iechyd Da to all!