Followers 0
Julie RK

That Totally Straight Girl... Who :

a. Has a crush on me

b. Turns me on

c. I'm so in love with

d. Got out of the closet when she met me

e. Decided to go back to boys after me

We all had some story with a (/some) straight lovely lady at some point, what's yours ??

2 people like this

My best friend is that totally straight girl for me. We've never had more than a platonic if slightly familial relationship and it bums me out a bit but she's happy being completely hetero and that's perfectly OK with me. I love her  to pieces XD

I think most of us has had that one girl we knew was straight, but still managed to fall for her anyway. XD

Its the straight girl blues I tell ya. 

That's why I don't proceed until I get the green light. I'm gonna yield and look both ways before getting slammed by a two-ton 'I'm leaving you for Brad' or a single-cab booty call. 

Had a 3 year relationship (no sex) with a woman. We were intimately close. Unfortunately, because of her religious background, we didn't go further. She left me for a man this past June, because, well... Man and woman are meant to be together. Still stung. Still stings.

This is going to be her second marriage to a man; I was her "first serious" woman relationship.. Then she wonders if we were "just friends"... She can't seem to make up her mind.

To hear this hurts my heart because as a woman who is spiritual and grew up in the church I was indoctrinated in the way of evangelical Christianity. The problem some of it is just cultural dogma and not Christianity, not really. having studied both the historical significance as well as the scriptures within their own cultural context, homosexual relationships are not themselves against God . However being American born and bred and christian means that there is a significant chance of being indoctrinated by American Evangelicalism, which sometimes means you were raised to believe that Women are to be paired with and penetrated by males only, and that God is unhappy with anything else. It sounds ridiculous to me now but it took me out of my comfort zone to try and understand God outside of the parameters of what I was taught, and the only reason I even tried is because I Love God and would aspire to know Him better. I sorry that this hurt you and that this woman went back to what was comfortable instead of investing in you. It is my sincere hope that love chases you down and overtakes you completely.

2 people like this

Ripleyoriginal said:

To hear this hurts my heart because as a woman who is spiritual and grew up in the church I was indoctrinated in the way of evangelical Christianity. The problem some of it is just cultural dogma and not Christianity, not really. having studied both the historical significance as well as the scriptures within their own cultural context, homosexual relationships are not themselves against God . However being American born and bred and christian means that there is a significant chance of being indoctrinated by American Evangelicalism, which sometimes means you were raised to believe that Women are to be paired with and penetrated by males only, and that God is unhappy with anything else. It sounds ridiculous to me now but it took me out of my comfort zone to try and understand God outside of the parameters of what I was taught, and the only reason I even tried is because I Love God and would aspire to know Him better. I sorry that this hurt you and that this woman went back to what was comfortable instead of investing in you. It is my sincere hope that love chases you down and overtakes you completely.

Thank you so much. I have not left my spirituality because of this - in fact, like you, I took myself out of my comfort zone and learned to take the Scriptures in a more serious tone than what was just taught. I love God as well, and I know God = Love.

So I stay in God's Love, and hope honestly that a lot of people don't have this hurt or pain or think because they are gay that they must conform to the "Woman/Man" marriage standard. I sincerely hope that others learn about context and history of the Bible with the scriptures.

Now that's whats up! I'm so glad to hear you haven't felt the need to turn your back on God, girl keep the faith and know that its happening :)

1 person likes this