Thea Louise

Cat Vs. Dog And Why?

I wanna know! What do you think? Is it a typical thing for lesbians to have dogs? Or are cats hitting it of?

I myself prefer dogs, always have 

1 person likes this

well, i have been adopted by the last handful of feline americans. i guess it depends on the animal in question.

I love dogs. I like being able to walk with them and take them out to dog parks.

my earliest childhood memory is giving an orange tabby kitten milk in an aluminum pie tin. since then, there have always been felines in my life. most of them orange tabbies. the last pawful of felines came to me rather than me searching for them. they found me and i guess that i am a tolerable servant for them. my canines also come to me, so i do not know about my preferences, only that the right ones seek me out

I'm a dog person more, but like cats too. Seems like most lesbians love cats more!

does having a three-legged fox adopt you count as a dog?

1 person likes this

Personally I like dogs. I have a Siberian Husky. Not that much of a cat person. I like other peoples cats... I can give them a cuddle and attention but then get to go home to my pooch. I like that I get to walk him, it clears your mind for the day or at the end of the day. 

I Love cats, they are so cute. I've always disliked dogs( but that's due to a past experience with a dog chasing me as a child). But also i had an ex who owned 8 pitbulls and i always visited and saw the pitbulls too, but one day( this was after our back and forth relationship, i broke up with him for a while) I came to his house while he was upstairs for a sec and the dogs all began growling at me on the couch and they started to close in on me( it was the scariest experience ive ever felt). He told me the reason why they did that was because it's been a while since they knew my scent, that completely horrified me. Another reason why i prefer cats is because I always thought cats we're easier to managed and plus I don't really like the idea of taking a dog outside to go to the bathroom. With my cat it's a lot easier because he has a litterbox. Throughout my lifetime cats have always been more nicer to me and shown me affection.

I'm a dog person in my heart but I love cats and have had more cats. My cat right now Bella, is an amazing little monster. She's sweet and shy and I swear she's the cat version of me. My dog, Frisco, is amazing because he forces me to go outside in the dreaded sub so at least I can get a tan and some vitamin D. I prefer dogs because they are lower maintainence  in the sense of one doesn't have to clean the litter box and they are more widely accepted in places like parks and restaurants and stuff. But I could never choose between them. I always want a cat and a dog in my life. 

1 person likes this

Hello, I'm definitely a dog person, my dogs are part of the family. Dogs have a sense of loyalty, like no others, you can teach them tricks and they're fun. I feed two street cats every night and they don't even look me in the eye, but I do feed them anyway, because they know they're cute, so they always get away with it.

I can never pick! I have a dog who I love and then three cats (I got one and the others came from friends. One of whom was having a baby and didn't have the time to dedicate to her sweet girl and the other lived in an apartment where the rules had changed, and I couldn't let that girl go to the shelter.) I think I just have an animal soft spot in general.

I love ALL animals, but it's easier where I live to have a cat.  My cat actually thinks he's a dog...so I guess I have the best of both worlds. :)

1 person likes this

I think for me it's the companionship my two Siberian Huskies share with me and the unconditional love. I've also had cats as pets and loved them too, but at this juncture in my life I prefer dogs.IMG_20150201_095727.jpg

1 person likes this

I love dogs. I mean, I like cats okay, but I love dogs. Just coming home from a long day at work and being greeted by my two crazy dogs makes my day better. The cats I've had in the past didn't really care when I came home lol. 

definitely dogs! I need to snuggle with them all

I love all animals and would adopt all the animals in despair if I could !! I grew up with my parents both being hard core animal activists and therefore grew up with MANY different kinds of animals from chickens and ducks to dogs and cats to goats and rabbits and roosters and pigs and even pet rats....(um...yes ...we had to move around alot as we constantly broke the law regarding the legal number of pets are allowed per house etc.) When I moved away from home the first animal who adopted me happened to be a cat and from that point on I have only had cats. I love love love cats!! Although currently I have 3 dogs 2 cats and 3 horses hahaha!!

1 person likes this

I have both a cat and two dogs. I will basically take in any thing that is soft and cuddly. I will admit my dogs do show more love but my cat is still my baby. 

I grew up in Florida (pre-leash-law) & I was a total animal nut (my poor mother!). At one point I had two dogs, 2 cats, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, canaries, & a cockatiel! I was also someone who would end up dragging home baby birds fallen from nests or squirrels when trees had come down (& no mother in sight)....Later on, due to apartment living, cats became the go.

I feel like cats are a bit easier to handle, more likely to be allowed in rentals, & good cuddle-mates. Right now, I'm really liking the Rex breed & have our second, Jynx, a Devon. They're quirky to begin with & this one is just plain weird! Even she has no idea what she wants most of the time. Sometimes it's attention- but then, when she comes to get you & you go out to wherever it is she's "holding court" (in winter, by the heater- duh!), she'll turn her back & ignore you!! Wth? Lol....So, yeah. We're rather well-trained. As the saying goes, "dogs have owners, cats have staff".   I'm the doorman.   ;)

Sweet_Jynx.jpg

2 people like this

Geekomatic said:

As the saying goes, "dogs have owners, cats have staff".   I'm the doorman.   ;)

I'm the waiter/busboy.

2 people like this

Definitely dogs  I find them to be more lovable.  Cats are okay but they don't really have loyalty like dogs do.