seekingjoytoday

Coming Out At 42

I've known since adolescence I was bisexual, but other than one experience as a teenager, I've only been in relationships with men. But lately, I feel more and more drawn to women and find myself dreaming of a physical and romantic relationship with a woman. But, I'm originally from a small, very conservative city and have literally no background to call upon.

Joining this site is kind of a step in meeting people, but it feels awkward when everything already feels 200% awkward. So, while I continue to explore here, I'm hoping someone can advise how to start socializing with other bisexuals and lesbians and start meeting people in real life. Honestly, I've never been good at connecting with men and I'm clueless how to connect with a woman. And right now, while I'd love to meet someone for a relationship, I really just want to make friends with the same mindset.

I'm in Seattle and know there have to be A LOT of opportunities, but I'm not sure where to start. Also, I'm a bit of a wallflower so a bar or club is just not going to happen on my own. I actually only know a few LGBTQ people, all at my church, but I don't feel like I know them well enough yet to expose a side of myself I'm still learning to trust and express.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 person likes this

RXBAR makes whole food protein bars with simple, all-natural ingredients.

I absolutely understand how you are feeling.  I have never had a relationship with another woman but have always been attracted since early teens. Coming from a catholic Carribean family it was not an option for anything outside of a heterosexual relationship.   I would love for you to find what you are looking for.

I really appreciate you being brave enough to come out (pun intended) and say this. I have been, as far as anyone else knows, straight all my life. But actually, the reason  my marriage has failed is because I know that I'm attracted to women and I wanted to be free to explore that. I just feel like I've waited too long and now maybe I won't be accepted by women who have been out all their adult lives. It's really scary.