no longer active member

President Donald Trump?

186 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2018 at 1:48 PM, parrkp said:

Reareaally . You might want to drop youre thinkinkin  ,stinkin thinkin and want,,,,, want to get with the program.  Twice is good ,,, another twice would be better.   Respond .     If you are serious .   Ay.  Ya . Cana. Da

Hey there, parrkp.  We read your reply here a few times, and I'm afraid you've seriously confused your site administrators.  We can't tell if you're commenting on something another member said here in this thread (and if so, who and what) or . . . perhaps somewhat symbolically, Trump himself, or . . . is there a Door #3?  :)

And it's probably safe to say that if you've managed to confuse us, likely you'll confuse at least a few members as well.

So if you could clarify, that'd be great, thanks!

Culturesforhealth.com

So now we have Putin saying he can annihilate the world & is unstoppable.

We have Chump saying he's going to impose tariffs to punish the rest of the world (on steel & alum, btw- nothing the USA actually is big into so stupid).

We have China (a VERY big player, not happy).

Back to Chump> advisors say it's NOT A GOOD IDEA. Chump: "I'm taking my ball & going home".

My advice:

Hug your family members-- a LOT. Wills? Not even sure they matter, but okay.

If you're in the USA, find a country to move to which affords the easiest residency/citizenship, & GET OUT.

Imho. But: it's getting REALLY bad in the USA. To leave, you now must pay $2,350- EACH FAMILY MEMBER! That's if you are poor. If you have something of value, they'll have it off you-- even if you earned it elsewhere. If you have a mentally disadvantaged child THEY CAN NEVER LEAVE! Nice, yeah?

Google: FATCA  Especially isaacbrocksociety.ca  Even though they are Canadian, it applies to others.

Good luck.

As appealing as the thought of getting out is sometimes, this is still MY COUNTRY, TOO, and I'm not going to concede that the the right has won. I continue to believe that the U.S. is worth fighting for, state by state, and see the emergence of women and progressive candidates in places where they've never been heard of before as a very good sign. You might not think much of Democrats, but we are the better alternative, and we ARE gaining ground. It remains to be seen if we will have time to retake the country before Trump and the GOP wreck it irretrievably, though. A nuclear war would certainly do that. I'm living in one the places that would be hit first. (You wouldn't think so, but there is Oak Ridge not too far away, plus a plant at Erwin. Then in the OTHER directions there is Washington, DC and Norfolk.....so, yeah. I can pretty much say by-bye.)

Then again, we have this. So we might NOT survive. (I call this "white guys behaving badly" and it is NOT a parody. They actually released this. Seriously.)

1 person likes this

keltheimpossible said:

You might not think much of Democrats, but we are the better alternative, and we ARE gaining ground.

I was a Democratic voter before I moved away from it all. It's not a matter of "fighting"-- you know that sometimes the fight is symbolic at best. I am horrified to see HRC goading Chump into ever more war-tones, too. Check your papers for her prodding to all-out war.

No, I'm not saying what I have lightly, at all. It's a warning to any who are able & are over trying to right a sinking ship which FIGHTS to sink.

Back of my mind, I have that child-like hope that saner minds will prevail, I'm just rapidly losing any though that it will happen.

@Geekomatic I hear you. But I love my little portion of this ship very much. So I'll stay here to see things out to the bitter end. I have no family, true, but I do have friends that I care about deeply. I desperately hope that we don't do something stupid that imperils the rest of the world, let alone dooms our own nation. 

keltheimpossible said:

@Geekomatic I hear you. But I love my little portion of this ship very much. So I'll stay here to see things out to the bitter end. I have no family, true, but I do have friends that I care about deeply. I desperately hope that we don't do something stupid that imperils the rest of the world, let alone dooms our own nation. 

And I hear you, & I salute you, & am sorry to feel as I do. Truly, awfully sorry.  :(

I am privy to a whole lot of FATCA groups, online. isaacbrocksociety.ca for one.

The USA has become a menace-- to it's own overseas diaspora. In fact, destroying overseas chances for USA cits to work due to trying to infiltrate other countrie's autonomies & extortion. USA workers are being knocked back. Soon, you will only be allowed to live & work within the USA borders, whilst other will work wherever they please, as they do now.

Even seasoned tax accountants don't guarantee their tax returns for USA cits out of the country- because ONLY THE USA taxes their citizens "from foreign income"!

It's another story but one which has me entirely ditching the USA. Far too much bullying going on.

Would I have ever foreseen this a few years ago?

No way.

Now?  The whole thing has become awful.

I recently shared this on my FB page. It's  SATIRE and I found it hilarious, as did most of my (progressive) friends. But evidently this gets latched onto by conservatives and LIKED and SHARED widely....WTF has happened to people? (I noriced comments when I posted it. Most were funny, from my friends. But a few were from strangers wanting to know why sharia  law was being imposed; why people were being forced to learn ARABIC....it was quite amazing, the abysmal depths of ignorance on display. All with flagrant misspellings and most ungrammatical sentences, of course!)

29177196_2037463209846442_9109016699297788857_n.png

I am very angry, an easy X! 

I am shocked! Shocked, I say. Why, it's MMXVIII, not MDCCCXVIII, good grief!

What has the USA come to?

;)

1 person likes this

March For Life-SWVA! I attended our local March for Life against gun violence held in Abingdon despite the horrid weather  (freezing rain, snow, and sleet). We had a great turnout, wonderful energy, and inspirational speakers from the local high school. I still maintain, though, that the best protest songs come from the 1960s! (Sorry, kids!) The attached pic is of me at the rally before the actual march down MAin Street.

71632_bxnye4uvaddibty_full.jpeg

Okay, here something you thought you'd never see: ME wearing a TRUMP hat! But look closely....

WIN_20181113_18_19_34_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181113_18_20_05_Pro.jpg