Izzy25

Non-binary

So, after much reading/research, it turns out I'm not as genderfluid as I thought, so let me see if u have this right. I know, for sure, that I fall under the non-binary category. And agender vs neutrois are the same....? Yet different...?

All I know is that I don't see myself as a woman. It's not even because of my body. I like boobs. But my vagina? I want it inoperable. It's the bane of my existence!

I identify more as a man, and I do what I can to be seen that way, but, yet, as neither. Neutral. 

So what's the difference?

I ID as neutrois. I would say that it is the same thing as agender, i.e. gender-neutral. It falls into the transgender category.If I were younger (I'm 55), I would definitely physically transition: have top surgery to remove my breasts and probably surgery to transform my vagina as well. I AM not a woman. As a young child I told my parents "I am not a girl!" But I didn't feel like a boy, either. Unfortunately, at that time the concept of nonbinary gender was not around. My life would have been different, had it been.

If you ID more as man but feel like neither, I'd say you are nonbinary but transmasculine. Androgynous. Emphasis on Andro. (I do like to play with language.) For more explanations, check out nonbinary.org and neutrois.com. 

Kel

1 person likes this

This is really helpful! Thank you much!

I sortof feel the same way... I don't like my junk, and if I could afford to and thought that I could have it done successfully I would have my testicles removed and just the sensitive bits down there a smaller size with a vagina ...  But the truth is that SRS is still binary and and often results (as least for a guy) with the inability to achieve Orgasm and that is something that I would not risk. I would also like small breasts so that I could present whichever way I choose as well.  But society definitely isn't ready to start to deal with that when they are barely coming to terms with Trans let alone a world without gender borders.  And as you have said I'm just "Me" and have found that every "Gender" term that is out there doesn't seem to fit with most of them sounding like some new Hipster definition for the sake of being different, when the truth is a  Rose is still a Rose regardless of what you want to call it.

I do know that since I've started taking hormones (low doses not to transition but more to feel more aligned with how I identify myself) It has really helped my acceptance of my  physical self or perhaps better put made it to where it doesn't bother me nearly so much, which I think is due to associating the visible parts and what they represent  with my feelings (transferring them), so with feeling better emotionally / being more at home with myself the disdain for the physical has really diminished if that makes sense?

Don't mean to sound insensitive to the issue, but my take on it is,,Why do people feel the need to label .Period. In the society we live in, people feel the need to label as a part of judging others.   So a cat can have many different colours. It's still a cat and all cats are awesome.  No labels. No judgments. You are as you are at this very moment,and to me all are beautiful in you're own respect. If you are one of the many who are born in the wrong sex then by all means, work on changing it. For you're own peace of mind,no one else's. And kudos to you. I wish you the best.  No labels.  No judgments.  Just pure unadaulterated you.  Perfect!

Our compulsion to label is I think where our ability to communicate came from.  We humans need words to express concepts and when we hit a concept that lacks a word, we make one up.  Also humans are often petty things and when there is something that we don't like, we give it a name or label so we can separate ourselves from it.  I think the irritation is when we are given a label or name that we didn't decide and then that label is used to treat us bad or is used as an insult.  Imagine if we were given labels and then praised and celebrated with great respect.  We would wear those labels with pride and joy.  Sadly humans are stupid all to often and this is not the case.  sigh. 

And yes, cats are awesome.  I love them all be they tabby, persian, siamese, shorthair, etc..  They are all cats but even they have been labeled. 

Good luck with whatever identity you choose to use but I humbly suggest you pick something that the majority of people you interact with can get their head around.  Maybe if asked use somebody famous you can compare to like Ruby Rose.  Be true to yourself, be happy and I wish you all the best but, be careful.  Maybe I'm paranoid but I worry enough about stupid and violent humans that I am careful on sharing any info that I am a lesbian. 

2 people like this

I'm genderfluid and a lot of my besties and acquaintances are, too.

My friend who is Enby (nonbinary - NB, get it?) says that their gender is dinosaur. My gender is more like cat-robot-pirate (not necessarily in that order, but you can imagine a robot pirate cat, and get the idea of who and what I am like, gender-wise).
I can tell you that if you get into a genderqueer or trans space, most people will accept you as you without the gender or genitalia factoring in. I hope that makes sense, but the sooner you get out of gendered space, mentally, the better off you are.

Right on. I agree. We should treat everyone as they are as an individual without judgements labels cause they really don't tell us who they really are as a person . That comes from inside. And everybody is their own unique person.