Mermaidlotus

Racism.

The last time I went on a date. It was a double date with my friend, his girlfriend and the woman he was trying to set me up with, to a movie. On the way his girlfriend complained about her hair not being right, to which my date says, "at least you're not a stupid Jew with a big ugly nose!" The car got awkwardly silent. Apparently my friend never told her I'm Jewish. It didn't get any better during the movie she kept commenting on how many Jews that actors and such in the media. I never spoke up because at that point I was pretty sure I would get a cross burned in my yard but I did keep looking at her sideways the whole time. At the end of the night my friend apologized for setting me up with her. 

Sorry your date turned out horrible, but bright side is you saw it on the first date and you never have to see her again :)

I had an ex who went off about certain religions and i didn't find out this part of her till after 6 months in. Personally I have a open view to religions and the fact everyone needs something or someone to believe in that makes them happy and they have the right to that, and at times I did have to stop her and say I need to go now for a few mins I cannot be here because she would go off ranting about the particular religion.

Most people have things that bother them, for some its race or religion it would really be a better world if everyone would open their mind to things around them and learn, but its not so, best we can do is hope they learn because we cant force  change or open to learning on anyone, and if someone is like that and not open to learning  its best we know so we can avoid them, and the negativity.

2 people like this

I find many women pretend to be tolerant in the beginning but sue their true colours eventually.   My advice is to casually notice her reaction when she is in a comfortable setting and her guard is down.

A friend of mine actually recruits us to create conversations when we are together. As strange as it sounds, it has saved him a few times.  I hate 'testing' people but even I have to admit it has proved to its worth.

WTF . . .  I mean really!?!?

Awkward that was probably an understatement, look at you being all nice and reserved. That female sounds like a real freaking jerk.I have to admit I really don't get the Jewish thing or why people feel like they can pinpoint a Jew. This could be simply because as a woman of color I don't look at what I perceive to be white people and assume I can figure out what their bloodline is. I don't understand the big ugly nose reference at all because I just haven't seen it as a standard oh why anyone would dislike A Jewish person for being a Jewish person. I just don't get it I feel like I'm missing something . . .

p.s. I really hope you don't have to date anyone else like that ever ever again

Gosh, with the way she went off the whole time about Jewish people, I don't see how your friend didn't already know she had a problem with Jewish people.

Honestly, I've had a friend try to set me up several times across racial lines, and worrying about something like this is why I've never gone through with it.