Taylor0612

Is there anyone out there, that awaits to feel love? To feel the undying need, urge, a choking feeling once you finally meet someone so amazing, the Stars suddenly disappear, the world stops faintly, and all you hear is her laugh softly, as the soundtrack of your life.. Laying in the grass, watching the moon, as big as the sky, and wondering if your one true love, is out there. That one girl, that the oceans move aside as they walk your path.. 

• Like 24

lexitheunicorn

i am consistently wishing for this. 

Lrc2003

Yeah I know what u mean.

Rookie107

Many dream of this kind of love, and especially true romantics.  The reality is all that eventually fades and that forever love which moved the ocean crashes in on you.  Love is hard, it hurts, its messy and tiring.  Spending time with someone and getting to know them on a truly personal level is messy but that doesn't mean it's not worth it!  It's worth every second!

• Like 4

Reeny

Interesting way of describing it. But yes I would like to experience love like that which lasts forever. I feel like  people tend loose those feelings because they get caught up in all the excitement of falling for someone and they never really get to know the person they're gushing over after the gushing period is over they find out things that they can't tolerate. However when the gushing emotions happen after you get to know someone then it most likely will last forever. Real love grows with the relationship. 

• Like 5

Dell
Taylor0612 said:

Is there anyone out there, that awaits to feel love? To feel the undying need, urge, a choking feeling once you finally meet someone so amazing, the Stars suddenly disappear, the world stops faintly, and all you hear is her laugh softly, as the soundtrack of your life.. Laying in the grass, watching the moon, as big as the sky, and wondering if your one true love, is out there. That one girl, that the oceans move aside as they walk your path.. 

Well this would be truly a great feeling to have for one another. The truth is, this feeling is more of a temporary brain high that people feel. The Brain literally goes into a chemical high with endorfins, opiates etc. The sad part is this doesn't last. Eventually the brain comes  down from that high and if you want a lasting relationship you have to take measures cultivate it. 

• Like 4

Dell
Rookie107 said:

Many dream of this kind of love, and especially true romantics.  The reality is all that eventually fades and that forever love which moved the ocean crashes in on you.  Love is hard, it hurts, its messy and tiring.  Spending time with someone and getting to know them on a truly personal level is messy but that doesn't mean it's not worth it!  It's worth every second!

Hi Rookie, 

Although I over and understand what you mean by love is hard, it hurts and is messy, this is far from the truth! Yes we've probably all have been hurt and went through pain yet  Love in itself isn't those things, it's the people that cause these things that gives love a bad reputation. 

Love is pure, kind, respectful, uplifting and all the other great gesture and feelings. I say "yay" for love! 

• Like 1

Rookie107

Please dont misunderstand me.  Love is amazing, because its messy.  Maybe the point that I was trying to make got lost.  Love is not all butterfly's and late night calls.  Sunshine and roses.  It is amazing because of the sacrifice we make in order to love.  

• Like 3

Dell

I think you mean love can provoke a lot of raw emotions... Yeah? 

AshleyB915

love is also holding back someone's hair while they're puking; holding your breath while you're waiting for them to come out at the doctor's office because in your mind it might be cancer; choosing what's best for them even when ti's not best for you and/or the relationship; hardly seeing each other because you're working opposite schedules because that's what you have to do in order to afford to live; sticking with someone who isn't recognizable as the person you fell in love with anymore because they've been consumed by mental illness... etc....  the falling part sure is fun, but that's infatuation, not love.

• Like 10

Kate7777

Yes I am a romantic in fact I am a hopeless romantic. I love cuddling on the couch, holding hands, giving my loved one a massage, watching TV and rubbing my loved ones feet and doing special little things like that to show how much I care. I also love cooking special intimate. Dinners for just the two of us. 

• Like 4

MimiG
AshleyB915 said:

love is also holding back someone's hair while they're puking; holding your breath while you're waiting for them to come out at the doctor's office because in your mind it might be cancer; choosing what's best for them even when ti's not best for you and/or the relationship; hardly seeing each other because you're working opposite schedules because that's what you have to do in order to afford to live; sticking with someone who isn't recognizable as the person you fell in love with anymore because they've been consumed by mental illness... etc....  the falling part sure is fun, but that's infatuation, not love.

Perfect explanation!

• Like 1

MimiG

I am a romantic, and I do long for that. 

seekerblue

I like the idea of falling in love although, admittedly, I'm more of a realist about what that means. I worry sometimes that I'm just not capable of that depth of feeling; however, I think the reason it hasn't happened for me yet is probably because I've only been in relationships with men this far, and I've come to realize that I'm just not very attracted to men.

• Like 4

Kate7777

I have seen it work my oldest sister was married just shy of 60years her husband passed and she followed the next year. They would still both go in the bathroom while he shaved,  stills  held hands, and strolled on their land.

My sister closest to my age had just  celebrated their 50th anniversary. It's important neither of them had fights with their husbands. I think if you find the right person you can have that too and it's not unrealistic to believe that. You build on your relationship a good foundation you need first you can't have a lasting relationship if your partner isn't  also your best friend. That's what I am looking for. I know the right person is out there for me. Hopefully I'm southern Manitoba. 

Kate7777

Seeker blue

You are capable of deep feelings you just have to find the right person. And how  do you expect to feel that way with people you are not even attracted to?        You should go out with a woman you are attracted to and see if you don't feel differently about things. I wish you the best, and hope you find the love of your life.

• Like 1

Kate7777

Mimi don't give up eventually yu you'll find that special someone.

Kate7777

I never want to fall in love for that means you accidentally stumbled into it.

I would much rather rise together in love. Picturing it like a pyramid I believe you start far apart and the mor you understand, and respect one another the closer you become . Love is not all butterflies and starry nights. It's much more, it's  wanting to please her, over looking her little imperfections and not holding grudges or seeing all her faults. Those are nothing when your in love.

That's how I see it for me.

• Like 3

Denise8686

Through out the years I feel like..I have been in love twice. I am 30 now and I have been single since my last relationship which ended in 2011 because the last one really took a lot from me. It's normal to be afraid to want to be vulnerable again and it sucks but it's okay. Eventually, you are going to tell yourself to get back up again and put yourself out there. So here I am! Plus I heard that you are supposed to fall in love 3 times in a lifetime to find that person who will love you for who you really are inside and out. I think people get love and being in love confused most of the time. Most of the time people like the idea of love, butterflies, and being happy all the time. We forget that those things are great but love eventually is about doing the right thing for each other and not just feeling it. You really don't just wake up one day and say I don't care about you anymore. It's a choice and process that happens over time whether people like to admit that or not. When you truly love someone you will choose them every time. I'm not saying to hang out 24-7 but in a sense that you choose their happiness without compromising your own. Respect and being kind is really key as well. 

• Like 6

UniverseThrob
Kate7777 said:

I never want to fall in love for that means you accidentally stumbled into it.

I would much rather rise together in love. Picturing it like a pyramid I believe you start far apart and the mor you understand, and respect one another the closer you become . Love is not all butterflies and starry nights. It's much more, it's  wanting to please her, over looking her little imperfections and not holding grudges or seeing all her faults. Those are nothing when your in love.

That's how I see it for me.

Kierkegaard argues that love builds up, that when we love another person we presuppose love existing in their hearts. From that moment we are building up love in that person, and it only grows from there. Whilst it is certainly an argument rooted in religion, I think even those of us who are nonreligious (like myself) may be able to relate to this, at least in a metaphorical sense. Your comment reminded me of this idea -- for Kierkegaard one can't accidentally stumble upon love -- we may think we have, but it was already there, unnoticed -- but we can, in a way, rise together or build up love in each other. 

• Like 2

Kate7777

I agree with you. I am not a religious person either. Neither am I an academic, I only know what  I feel.

Dell

Kate I love what you've said about falling in love.  I've always thought the same thing. I don't want to fall in love, I want to grow in love.

Kate7777

Thanks Dell

seekerblue

I think you hit it spot on, Kate. I don't think people fall in love as that implies no personal responsibility in the matter. I don't think love is something a person stumbles into blindly by no choice of their own. Love is a choice, because it requires so much of us. We choose whether we're willing to commit and give that much of ourselves to another person. We can "fall" into attraction or lust through no or little choice of our own, but love is different. Love is more.

• Like 3

Kate7777

I agree with you. We can easily gallon lust and to many times people mistake that for love and blindly fall into it. Then they wonder what happened and why don't they feel love anymore when they. Never really did in the first place.

• Like 1