Sign in to follow this  
Shansi

Interracial Dating

Shansi

Hi all

I’m not a firm believer in the race label. I understand the paradigm but don’t like the words.   That being said, I realize I like women of color but rarely have interactions with them that lead to dating.  On the other hand, dating outside of culture occurs more.  

Any thoughts?

PandaBear

Hi Shansi. It’s been the opposite for me..I find myself steering clear of non poc women, not because I’m not attracted to them, etc..but because of a deep rooted mental stigma. My last relationship was my first with a non poc woman, I always felt out of place and uncomfortable. 

TatiMelissa

I can totally relate with you Shansi! You speak the truth!

Anyaloc

I’m black and have been with the same white woman for 10 years.  Our problems never have to do with our race.  Out main problem is that she had ‘figured out’ that she is straight and I, apparently was an experiment of sorts.  We are still the very best of friends but she is 13 years older than I am and she feels she has lived and had her sexual revolution when she was fourth.  I’m now 48 and she is now okay with me finding new friends or even a girlfriend.  Really?

I have never really been accepted by other black women so I haven’t experienced that situation.  I will say that I am attracted to white women, but that’s just me and maybe I just haven’t met the right black woman ... yet!