Tamsyn Muir: Author

lesbotronic

lesbotronic

Lesbian Necromancers in Space! Hence, I came to know Tamsyn Muir and ‘Gideon the Ninth’ and host of other characters following in her wake. She has taken humor and horror to a new level with her writing. What a great summer I spent reading ‘The Locked Tomb’ series, as well as a new(ish) short story published on Amazon called “Undercover.” I am very entertained! I thought this was going to be too niche for me to get into it, but was totally pulled in. There was laugher and frights and tears. Gideon is one of the best characters to come around in an age. (I’ve seen her referred to as a ‘lesbian disaster’ and the description is apt.) Surely this isn’t going to be for everyone, but if you’re even a little curious check it out.

Sadly her website isn’t up to date there are some interviews and some of her early short stories online.

I loved The Locked Tomb series! It had everything: dark complicated characters; interesting storyline; skulls and skeletons in abundance; LESBIAN necromancy!!!! I read each book pretty much in one sitting (not an easy feat for me these days, as my vision has continued to deteriorate) and then went back for a leisurely reread or even a listen if I could find it as an audiobook from my library. These are great as audiobooks, just to say. Especially if you have a vivid imagination. Best on appropriately grey gloomy fall or winter days, when the clouds are hanging so low in the sky they are almost touching the ground. And if you're lucky enough to have vultures around? (I DO!!!) Even better! Although bats are good, too. But ducks and geese? Not so much, nah. Ok. Quitting now, because in danger of extended neurodivergent tangent hijack. But thank you, mods! I'm putting the series back on my list to listen to this fall! 

• Like 1

Thank you keltheimpossible! I am always looking for good audiobooks but I am Very Picky about the reader and the delivery. I LOVED Gideon and I just finished Harrow, and now I want them again in audio. In the fall, maybe around the end if October. :) 

• Like 1